Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap - Signups close midnight Feb. 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-signups-close-midnight-feb-1-a-t320006.html)

Rebaquilts 02-22-2023 05:31 AM

Thanks!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I’m writing from my hotel room at Disney :-) I got my package the day before I left, opened it and took photos so I could post, knowing it would be insane. Thank you so much to Gaijin, I’m so spoiled. I got a BeAnnie pattern, purple pins and fabric and doggie and kitty treats and a Stashtastic2 book! Wow. A bit overwhelmed, so generous. Thank you so very much. I really appreciate the thought and intention you gave to this. You are a treasure. And I’m just thrilled with the package. hi ho ho ho! Hugs Reba

Annaquilts 02-22-2023 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts (Post 8589538)
I just got mine out, my pal asked for some specific stuff, so I went on Amazon the day I got the name and Order-Order-Order LOL. Was waiting on one last item which was a hanger-onner, late-arriver. It's on its way and is a bit light on number of items but a bit heavy on requested items. I so enjoy getting things for this swap and seeing the photos of what others get too. Its way better to give than receive sometimes, although receiving ain't bad at all. Hugs all!!

I was Reba's recipient and she went way out. I received so many of my requested items, fabrics, patterns, motion sickness bands, hand crafted heart, cloth gift bag, rotary cutters and blade plus the sweetest, kindest note.

Most items are self explanatory but the motion sickness bands were highly recommended for use when traveling. I like the hand sew when we are rumbling down the road in our motor home but do get queasy in my stomach.

Thank you Reba! Nothing light about the package. So kind and generous of you.

Also my apologies for taking awhile to post. My sister in law was very ill and recently got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. My husband is getting ready to travel to Europe to say good bye to her.

Annaquilts 02-22-2023 01:22 PM

I finally got my secret pal's package out. I was determent to make a hand made item for her but had sewn the back to the front so when I turned it, it would not come out. I had to contact Kathy to get a time extension from my recipient. After some lengthy un-sewing it came out really nice after all. I hope my secret pal likes all the items I send.

BrendaK 02-23-2023 12:13 AM

Received a massive package today from Rev. Pam. Here are the items: 2 Catherine Anderson Books, a make a doll kit, bag of Gummi Candy Peaches, Bag of Soft Caramels, Box of Pencils, Shopping List Note pad, Cross Stitch, 5 different yards of Purple and Gold fabric, Purple Fabric Bundle, Pattern, and last but not least a beautiful African Elephant Mask.

Thank you again Rev Pam.

BrendaK

Annaquilts 02-23-2023 03:19 PM

From all the pictures and responses, it sounds like this months swap is a success again. I especially love all the pictures. If you can post pictures, please do.

Annaquilts 02-23-2023 03:28 PM

Kathy has a lot going on and contacted me and asked me to do the March 2023 Secret Pal.

Everyone was so amazing, understanding and helpful when I did help do the Secret Pal Swap in the past that I feel confident to do it for March 2023. I know I can count on you all.

I went ahead and posted the new Secret Pal Thread here- https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...a-t320153.html

Please remember to PM the sign up information for March 2023 or questions to me, Annaquilts.

Goatmom 03-04-2023 05:23 PM

February Secret Pal Package

1 Attachment(s)
I got a wonderful box of beautiful pink fabrics, knitted socks, york peppermint patties, ginger snaps, bobbin saver, bitty buddy, purple thang, desk organizer, machine needles and a cute card from Kathy. I asked for pink fabrics to make bibs and burp clothes for my best friend's daughter. Kathy sent enough fabric that I'll be able to make the little one a quilt also.

Thanks again Kathy!

Hugs,
Jennifer
Goatmom

Annaquilts 03-04-2023 10:22 PM

That all looks so nice Jennifer. If you are up to it, ease post the items you willake with all that fun pink.