Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Flowers that Bloom in the Spring - TraLa TraLa - SIGN UPS CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/flowers-bloom-spring-trala-trala-sign-ups-closed-t116299.html)

rfbrazell 09-13-2011 08:45 AM

I got mine too......I just think they are amazing. Got to get started on my christmas ones.
LOL
R

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Received my blocks as well. They are beautiful. Thank you Deb

QuilterMomma 09-13-2011 09:57 AM

How many have made a quilt yet with their blocks? Is this the challenge, to see who gets done first and including the quilting. LOL

pattis47 09-13-2011 10:42 AM

we are waiting to see what you do with yours, then we will all get started.....lol

How many have made a quilt yet with their blocks? Is this the challenge, to see who gets done first and including the quilting. LOL

QuilterMomma 09-13-2011 10:47 AM

Well, give me about a week since I just got them. Working on the dog swap blocks at moment upon canning season. You tell this toe of mine to finish healing from surgery and the blood clots to quit forming and I will have the bugger put together and quilted. I did not put any stipulation on that binding mind you, that could take me another year to do. The one part I do not like to do. I usually trade quilting for binding.

rfbrazell 09-13-2011 10:53 AM

I would bind for you anytime. It's my favorite, everyone thinks I'm crazy but it is very relaxing for me.
I almost have my pink poodle quilt ready. Just waiting for my new machine to get here and Off I will go.
Glad you're feeling some better......
What are you canning, Peaches, Apricots?

Well, give me about a week since I just got them. Working on the dog swap blocks at moment upon canning season. You tell this toe of mine to finish healing from surgery and the blood clots to quit forming and I will have the bugger put together and quilted. I did not put any stipulation on that binding mind you, that could take me another year to do. The one part I do not like to do. I usually trade quilting for binding.

pattis47 09-13-2011 11:26 AM

I hope it is beets, tomatoes, green beans, and things for that hearty winter soup

If you weren't across the country I would love to do your bindings, but I think that would be a very long drive to exchange quilting for binding unless you have an extra room for that overnight stay to complete the binding.......lol

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
I would bind for you anytime. It's my favorite, everyone thinks I'm crazy but it is very relaxing for me.
I almost have my pink poodle quilt ready. Just waiting for my new machine to get here and Off I will go.
Glad you're feeling some better......
What are you canning, Peaches, Apricots?

jayelee 09-13-2011 11:43 AM

THese Blocks are the prettiest yet I love them you all did a great job Thanks Deb Have I already signed up for the Christmas ones

QuilterMomma 09-13-2011 12:01 PM

Of course I have the extra room, another child has left the house for college and it is a larger bed. So you are offering to do bindings for me while I quilt. I will have you know I just took two third places in a judged competition in Wyoming. So not bad at this point. I have four quilts right now sitting there for binding, of course several to get quilted, and working on putting together all these wonderful swaps for quilts. I have finished two for Lynnie so mine are not far behind.

I am canning jams from the rhubarb and zucchini, found the recipes on this board and then tomatores that are well ready. If someone would go out and pick the corn, would freeze a few of those cobs up as well. Sure, have foot surgery and you have the garden to do as well. Praise God I have good help around the house and training up my girls to do food preservation. How do you think I learned it?

pattis47 09-13-2011 12:47 PM

Congratulations on your winning in Wyoming. Sounds like you really enjoy what you do and it shows in your work.

I was raised to do preserves, jellies, jams, fruit, veggies from our summer garden to have during the cold winter. Nothing tastes better! I have a son who learned to cook and is very good at it......good thing too, his wife never learned at home, so when they were 1st married, they would have starved to death (or eaten out) if he had not been able to cook. She has made great strides in the last 18 years. Now my grandchildren are learning to cook and bake. Grandson made scratch brownies from my sons recipe and took them to band camp.....wowed the girls.....he was amazed they didnt know how to bake. He spent the summer as a camp counselor at Boy Scout Camp-----teaching campfire cooking.....I guess it is in the genes.

Of course I have the extra room, another child has left the house for college and it is a larger bed. So you are offering to do bindings for me while I quilt. I will have you know I just took two third places in a judged competition in Wyoming. So not bad at this point. I have four quilts right now sitting there for binding, of course several to get quilted, and working on putting together all these wonderful swaps for quilts. I have finished two for Lynnie so mine are not far behind.

I am canning jams from the rhubarb and zucchini, found the recipes on this board and then tomatores that are well ready. If someone would go out and pick the corn, would freeze a few of those cobs up as well. Sure, have foot surgery and you have the garden to do as well. Praise God I have good help around the house and training up my girls to do food preservation. How do you think I learned it?

QuilterMomma 09-13-2011 01:38 PM

My DH is the best chef ever. He does fabulous in the kitchen. He cooks, I bake/quilt. We make a good pair. He sometimes ha a hard time with the canning idea till he looks at the price and quality on the store shelf and then says we better get it done. I am trying to get the girls to do more cooking and it can be a feat. They can do the easy stuff, but get them to read a recipe now that is a challenge. How did we learn? It is a lost art nowadays I think. Us farm girls are going to be the ones showing the city clickers how to keep alive someday. No school like the old school.