Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Friendship Block Swap-NOW OPEN UNDER BOOMERANG (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/friendship-block-swap-now-open-under-boomerang-t31796.html)

purplemem 12-29-2009 06:25 PM

Okay, I want to play. I want to send F4 and I am VERY excited. This will be my 4th group quilt and this is SO MUCH FUN!

estherblair 12-29-2009 06:29 PM

Sounds like fun .-f4 --fat quarter of fabric

KGoodhand 12-29-2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
I wonder instead of doing 36 people, which is 9 yards of fabric if I did my math right..., if there should be groups of 12? 12 blocks would be enough to make a quilt... then there could be multiple "rounds" and people may not be so overwhelmed.

Im just brainstorming.

This sounds more do-able on my end too!

wvdek 12-29-2009 08:23 PM

It doesn't take much to get me confused so let me see if I have this straight.

On Jan. 1, you will start sign up for this swap. The amount of FQ'a we send depends on the amount of people that sign up. Your stating 36 when it could be only 18 or 52. Right? so if it is 52, do you send FQ's to all of them or just 36 or?

I'm asking because of curiosity not because I can join this swap. I would like to, but think I wil pass.

ladygen 12-29-2009 09:57 PM

I'd like to do something like this too... but I'd like to do F4s, as they're just more usable... but I can't afford that much fabric either. Something smaller, like for 12, is much much more doable. If you figure out a way to split it into smaller groups, then I'm in!

Pam G 12-30-2009 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by ladygen
I'd like to do something like this too... but I'd like to do F4s, as they're just more usable... but I can't afford that much fabric either. Something smaller, like for 12, is much much more doable. If you figure out a way to split it into smaller groups, then I'm in!

I'd be in for 12 blocks also, with fat quarters. 36 is too much for me as I will be going back to work in either late Jan or early Feb

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 04:36 AM

After getting several different inputs and thoughts and suggestions on this the decision has been made to send an F8 (18 x 11) to each member who signs up. This is enough fabric to combine with each person's stash to make a 12.5" unfinished block. This makes it affordable and also allows for the bigger group size for the bigger quilt. The swap will be limited to 36 swappers so that no one who joins will feel overwhelmed with the 3 month deadline for the blocks.
I hope this clears up any questions or concerns :-)
Hugs
April

Pam G 12-30-2009 07:09 AM

Mornin' April,

Think I'm gonna pass on this, maybe by April I'll be feeling like I can commit to 36 locks.

Have Fun!!

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pam G
Mornin' April,

Think I'm gonna pass on this, maybe by April I'll be feeling like I can commit to 36 locks.

Have Fun!!

Sorry we will not be able to swap with you Pam :-( Perhaps next go round-it really is a fun swap.
Hugs
April

Wine Woman 12-30-2009 07:50 AM

Well I sure would like to know more details! I'm interested - it sounds really fun!