Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Friendship Block Swap-NOW OPEN UNDER BOOMERANG (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/friendship-block-swap-now-open-under-boomerang-t31796.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 12-30-2009 08:41 AM

Still room for another? Please count me in. It would be great to come up with a unique name for this swap so that it doesnt get confused with all the other monthly block swaps.

KBunn 12-30-2009 08:43 AM

I am so excited about this swap....it sounds like lots of fun. I cant wait to get started.

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 08:44 AM

There is room Nancy-it is open to anyone on the board up to 36 members. It was decided not to do too many so people did not feel overwhelmed by too many blocks that needed to be done :-)
Looking forward to swapping with you.
This will be the Friendship Block Swap (unless someone can think of a better name...hint hint...anyone??? :-D)
Hugs
April

OdessaQuilts 12-30-2009 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
This will be the Friendship Block Swap (unless someone can think of a better name...hint hint...anyone??? :-D)
Hugs
April

April,

in light of the fact that it is a bit of a mystery as to what your finished blocks will look like, how about the "Mystery F8 Friends Block Swap"? That way, it won't be confused with anything else out there (I think).....

MadQuilter 12-30-2009 11:49 AM

How long is the list? And I would be in for the FQ. Have some fabric that I don't know what to do with - but love.

Having someone else get their imagination going would be so much more fun.

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
April,

in light of the fact that it is a bit of a mystery as to what your finished blocks will look like, how about the "Mystery F8 Friends Block Swap"? That way, it won't be confused with anything else out there (I think).....

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me-thank you :-) What does everyone else think?
Hugs
April

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
How long is the list? And I would be in for the FQ. Have some fabric that I don't know what to do with - but love.

Having someone else get their imagination going would be so much more fun.

Mad-
There is no "official" list but based on the postings if everyone is still interested there are about 26 people so far looking to swap. It really is a great way to use up some stash and get creative input :-)
Hope you will join us!
Hugs
April

Ninnie 12-30-2009 12:48 PM

I am sometimes slow. :roll: so how many blocks would we have to make? And would it be our choice of a 12'5 in pattern?

MadQuilter 12-30-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I am sometimes slow. :roll: so how many blocks would we have to make? And would it be our choice of a 12'5 in pattern?

You are not slow - there have been a few options tossed around. Here is how I understand it.

Option 1: We send one FQ or F8 to everybody on the swap list. In turn, we receive a FQ or F8 from everybody on the list. We then have 2-ish months to make one block for each of the participants. The blocks can be all the same - just using the different fabrics, or each block can be different depending on the fabric. (Of course, we add our own fabric to the one that is supplied.)

Option 2: The swap is split between those who want to swap FQs and those who want to swap F8s. Everything else is the same.

Option 3: The swap is subdivided into smaller groups, so there are fewer participants in each group but there is less fabric each has to send and a more manageable number of blocks to make.

Ninnie 12-30-2009 01:59 PM

Thank you , Mad!! :-D
Sounds like something I might be able to manage!