Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Friendship Block Swap-NOW OPEN UNDER BOOMERANG (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/friendship-block-swap-now-open-under-boomerang-t31796.html)

Bobbinwinder 12-30-2009 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Majority of the people whom I heard from wanted to do the 36 but not a F4 so that is where the final determination came from. I sure hope to see 36 of you (well 35 because I want to swap with you all lol)
Hugs
April

April, I sure hope that you've counted me in...I'm sooooo excited about this I can't imagine how I could stand to be an outsider looking in...

Bobbinwinder 12-30-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Remind everyone to identify the F8 or F4 you send in so that ot gets returned to you in your square. I imagine it will get kind of confusing when 36 pieces of fabric all show up at one time from all over the place. This is kind of like a boomerang swap -- you send out your fabric and it comes back to you.

Thank you on both points here, Nancy in Louisiana...keeping everyone straightened out on how to insure that your fabric comes back to you....with interest!...and for coming up with that fantastic name! Did I mention that I loved that name?
LOL

cjt_mama 12-30-2009 06:56 PM

This is sounding like some fun... I will keep an eye out for sign-ups

purplemem 12-30-2009 07:10 PM

I LOVE THIS NAME- BOOMERANG SWAP! What a perfect name for us! I'm trying to decide between fabrics right now, which is sooooo much fun!

How much yardage do we need to send 36 F8? including shrinkage...

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I LOVE THIS NAME- BOOMERANG SWAP! What a perfect name for us! I'm trying to decide between fabrics right now, which is sooooo much fun!

How much yardage do we need to send 36 F8? including shrinkage...

Boomerang Swap it is!!! I love it too-how wonderful.

I would say with shrinkage 4.75-5 yards should be more than plenty.

I am so excited to start this swap!!

Hugs
April

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Majority of the people whom I heard from wanted to do the 36 but not a F4 so that is where the final determination came from. I sure hope to see 36 of you (well 35 because I want to swap with you all lol)
Hugs
April

April, I sure hope that you've counted me in...I'm sooooo excited about this I can't imagine how I could stand to be an outsider looking in...

Yup I have noted you want in-I have compiled a list of all those who have posted interest and on official signup day I will post that list and ask everyone to confirm (and also ask more people to join us :-) )
Hugs
April

SaraSewing 12-30-2009 07:36 PM

I have my fabric picked out; it's kinda a mountain, tree, cabin theme so should be fun to work with. Just gotta cut it up for each person.

LovingIzabella 12-30-2009 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
I have my fabric picked out; it's kinda a mountain, tree, cabin theme so should be fun to work with. Just gotta cut it up for each person.

I love this kind of theme! It is what I am doing for the Quilting Bee :-)
Hugs
April

AkAngel 12-30-2009 10:43 PM

April,
I think i'm going to have to pass. I just don't think I should commit to 36 blocks in 3 motnhs with working full time and my other obligations. I hope you will do this again come summer as then it won't be a problem for me.
Muriel

BarbS 12-31-2009 04:27 AM

This swap sounds like soooo much fun......it would be my first online swap.

Just wondering if it is an issue that I live outside the US.......is it still okay to join?