Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fun-halloween-block-swap-mail-everyone-t115927.html)

Short an Sweet 07-19-2011 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh geesh....I was thinking that I would use some of that GITD thread, finally found some and almost died when I looked at the price! About $10.00 per spool! A bit pricey for my blood!! LOL!

Clarks thread at Joanns was 5.99 with 40% off it was 2.7?

cavmom 07-19-2011 05:04 PM

i bought a pack of GITD thread at sews for less and hope to use it for the quilting on the finished quilt. My husband also had the idea of using it on the flags i had made for the front of the house (have them light up at night!) I wonder how long the glow lasts??

CherylW 07-19-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
now that I have finished my Halloween blocks, NOW I found the Glow In The Dark thread, I may embroider one more set so I can use it !!

Where o' where did you find the Glow in the Dark thread??? I must have!!

Short an Sweet 07-19-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh geesh....I was thinking that I would use some of that GITD thread, finally found some and almost died when I looked at the price! About $10.00 per spool! A bit pricey for my blood!! LOL!

Clarks thread at Joanns was 5.99 with 40% off it was 2.7?

I did go back and read the label and it is embroidery thread, I will stitch something out tomorrow and test it out, all I could find was white and yellow so I bought 4 of the white and 2 of the yellow

hoppa 07-19-2011 07:24 PM

Hi All.

Back from our trip and caught up on all the posts. All the new blocks look great. Will be going over to the winter swap board to see the rules,

Hoppa

Ms Grace 07-20-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by CherylW
Red - or anyone else that can remember -

Has anyone done this litte guy yet? I think he is really cute should square up to be a 6 1/2" block. Feedback appreciated!

He's very cute! I'd love to get one. :D

RedGarnet222 07-20-2011 02:56 PM

I recieved two more swappers blocks! sazubmidlands amd cavmom.

We are almost half there recieving all the blocks.

The recieving blocks deadline is august 15th so it is about three weeks out from the deadline everyone!! No pressure...

But... That means only two weeks until they Must be mailed to get here on time. (that gives it a week in the postal service system to get here.)

May I suggest a confirmation slip to anyone mailing in the last of the swap? I really would hate to send back blocks not recieved on time... when it was the mailman's fault. There is tracking on this service so you can let me know if there is a problem.
I have a very tight schedule on the return to the swappers, so please understand I can not make everyone wait.
Oh My!

Short an Sweet 07-20-2011 04:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
k, here is the one I stitched out today, I have the witch on the lightening sky, "WICKED" in a 6", and the grim reaper on a 6". if ya'll like this one I can stitch out 5 more, the eyes and the word BOO glow in the dark, but my camera wouldn't take the picture

I wish my camera would take the pic in the dark : (
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229510[/ATTACH]

sandpat 07-20-2011 04:22 PM

How cute Veronica!

cavmom 07-20-2011 04:26 PM

very cool! love the spider :thumbup: :thumbup: