Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fun-halloween-block-swap-mail-everyone-t115927.html)

Short an Sweet 07-21-2011 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
well 6 " finished but yes it does measure 6.5

:thumbup: Cool ... YOu know I had to ask. Sometimes being the hostess is not fun. sorry....

LOL naw I understand completely, and on both of the swaps, if you don't feel my blocks are ok for swapping please feel free to return them to me unswapped, I do understand and I'm pretty new at this, so I would appreciate the feedback

BarbM32 07-21-2011 10:07 AM

I had no idea about sending adornment separately. The blocks will be sent in a box with hand stamp on the box. Being my first swap I did not know. I apologise to everyone. Other than that all I can say is you prefer to return them I will not be too upset. My 2 yr old great grandson adores them and wants his quilt.

Short an Sweet 07-21-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by BarbM32
I had no idea about sending adornment separately. The blocks will be sent in a box with hand stamp on the box. Being my first swap I did not know. I apologise to everyone. Other than that all I can say is you prefer to return them I will not be too upset. My 2 yr old great grandson adores them and wants his quilt.

I do mine as lap quilts and I just quilt by stitch in the ditch, so I can take any blocks that come in already embellished

jetnica 07-21-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet

Originally Posted by BarbM32

I do mine as lap quilts and I just quilt by stitch in the ditch, so I can take any blocks that come in already embellished

What she said -- I'd be happy to take the already embelished blocks so that others who requested can have the blocks with the sparklies on the side! =)

BarbM32 07-21-2011 12:25 PM

I feel the same way about the embellished blocks, anything you send me will be terrific. This type of quilt I will stitch in the seams. I must say I did not think about machine quilting or longarm. Also, I do not think where the eyes are glued will cause any problems.

Ripped on Scotch 07-21-2011 12:59 PM

I'm fine with embellishments on the blocks. As long as you know that they are there its ok for the machine quilting because you can plan where you are going to quilt that block. I understand adding them after as well but it is not a big deal in my mind.

SazuBMidlands 07-21-2011 01:09 PM

I'm happy with embellishments too.

I didn't realise that they were supposed to be sent separate. My impression from the post on p4 was that it was up to the maker, but not to go mad. I don't think I embellished mine anyway, so I probably subconsciously stopped registering comments about them. Sorry.

brookemarie19 07-21-2011 01:10 PM

Ok i promise to send mine first thing tomorrow. My usual delivery co(my older kids) were at sherriff's camp this week and it was too hat to bring the little one out so I have been put on hold. They come back tonight so will be able to help me in the morning. Sorry it is taking so long.

Short an Sweet 07-21-2011 01:10 PM

I think the added embellishments are a problem for the longarmers and the ones that know how to do the the design quilting on their home machines, lol I can barely do the "stitch in the ditch" and right now I can't do a long armer

Short an Sweet 07-21-2011 01:10 PM

duplicate sorry