Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

susiequilt 02-10-2010 06:52 AM

I have to laugh reading all of these posts about getting one of every block!
Not going to happen, folks!
It seems like there are about 15 people each wanting one of each block when there may be only 6 blocks in each set for most blocks! I don't envy sandpat trying to divide them up!

I'm still on the fence!
Got my farm blocks ready to mail but I must get started on the Feb quilting bee block and boomerang blocks, then if time permits I will start chickens!
:-D :-D :-D :-D

susiequilt 02-10-2010 06:55 AM

Moosegirl: What a great block! You have such a great imagination to think of that!

Karen 02-10-2010 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
It seems like there are about 15 people each wanting one of each block when there may be only 6 blocks in each set for most blocks! I don't envy sandpat trying to divide them up!

I'm still on the fence!
Got my farm blocks ready to mail but I must get started on the Feb quilting bee block and boomerang blocks, then if time permits I will start chickens!

Sadly you are right! it isn't gonna happen getting one of each....but we can keep on dreamin in funky chickens!!
Sandpat has a hard job ahead dividng those chickens up. I will be happy with what I get and can always make more!

blueribbontoes 02-10-2010 07:41 AM

Susiequilt, oh I know exactly what you mean, but everyone has come up with such fabulous designs that it is fun to try for them all. Lol- the more the merrier!

sew cornie 02-10-2010 10:02 AM

Yes, Susiequilt, I did the math a couple of weeks ago and decided to stop running around like a chicken with my head cut off (ha!) because even if I made enough sets, I still wouldn't get one of each. Although I agree that making 6 in a set is a good number. And of course I will be thrilled with whatever I do receive because they are all so fabulously funky!

tuesy 02-10-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt

I'm still on the fence!

WHAT?? we're not getting one of each?? Ok, what do I have to do? I NEED CHICKENS!! :lol: :lol:

Someone go push Susie off the fence so she can have some chickens too!. :lol: :lol: You know you want to be a Funky Chicken Fanatic like the rest of us.. :lol:

MadQuilter 02-10-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy
WHAT?? we're not getting one of each?? Ok, what do I have to do? I NEED CHICKENS!! :lol: :lol:

The only way you can assure to get one of each is to make however many sets of your own to equal the number of other chickens in the swap. SOunds like that's a lot of chickens.

gramadona 02-10-2010 02:25 PM

OMG!! All of your chickens are wonderful!
Now I wish I had joined this swap....boo hoo.

MadQuilter 02-10-2010 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by gramadona

Signup closes March 15th, last I checked.

Karen 02-10-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by gramadona

You still have time to join in the fun!!! You know you want too!!