Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

Karen 03-01-2010 12:24 PM

:? I need help please!!!! The black polka dot fabric/ chicken I posted, is bunching up when I use a zigzag stitch(pg36).....is there a way to keep it from doing this?

MadQuilter 03-01-2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
:? I need help please!!!! The black polka dot fabric/ chicken I posted, is bunching up when I use a zigzag stitch(pg36).....is there a way to keep it from doing this?

The bunching happens because the thickness of the fabric is different between the appliqued part and the single-layer backing. You can use a stabilizer under the backing fabric to even the playing field. Cute chicken btw.

sandpat 03-01-2010 05:00 PM

Yes...I learned that lesson also...use stabalizer underneath, that will cure the problem.

MadeinMaine 03-01-2010 07:12 PM

Karen - such cute chickens!

Karen 03-01-2010 07:34 PM

Thank you ladies for the help!! And the compliments!

studio-christine 03-02-2010 02:20 AM

is it OK to get Australian chickens (chooks)?

how would we handle return postage?

....will be my first EVER swap....and I've been quilting 18 years in April

sandpat 03-02-2010 05:06 AM

Hi Christine...it would be great for you to join us and yes...chocks CAN be funky can't they???? :lol: I say...let them come join the hen party! As far as the postage...I can weigh your return package and you can send me the postage through Paypal. Its not problem at all or... the flat rate envelope for International (as long as they will fit) is $12.78 US...so you could even just include that along with your birds when they fly to me and I'll get the envelope for you here.

MadQuilter 03-02-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
the flat rate envelope for International (as long as they will fit) is $12.78 US...so you could even just include that along with your birds when they fly to me and I'll get the envelope for you here.

....and I yelled at Pat when he paid $4.59/lb for boneless skinless chicken. lol

gramadona 03-02-2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by sandpat
the flat rate envelope for International (as long as they will fit) is $12.78 US...so you could even just include that along with your birds when they fly to me and I'll get the envelope for you here.

....and I yelled at Pat when he paid $4.59/lb for boneless skinless chicken. lol

Hee hee! Madquilter... that's funny!
:) :D :-D

Esqmommy 03-02-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by Karen

The bunching happens because the thickness of the fabric is different between the appliqued part and the single-layer backing. You can use a stabilizer under the backing fabric to even the playing field. Cute chicken btw.

I've had that happen, and didn't realize there was such a great fix! What kind of stabilizer do you recommend? Just the tear away kind I use for embroidery?