Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-neighborhood-swap-closed-mail-date-july-1st-t41072.html)

raptureready 04-02-2010 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by STAR

Originally Posted by raptureready

Originally Posted by STAR
Yeah DH will tell me once again not to get in over my head, oh well,LOL

I am in!!!!

Nice dive! Great form, a little high on the splash but I'd give it a good solid 9.
You just aren't living unless you have to kick to the surface once in awhile in order to breath. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: well I guess I should be glad that it wasn't a 10!! :twisted: and I think you can breathe through fabric, right??

That a good one. Just glad you joined up. With 3 BOM's, 1 scraps club, 1 painting club and other things like housework, laundry, etc. sometimes my DH thinks I'm in over my head too. I just tell him he could always do the housework, the vacumm handle fits a man's hand too. :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't wait to see everyone's blocks.

sandpat 04-02-2010 04:48 AM

:lol: :lol: Yea!! More folks!!! My DH doesn't think his hand works the handle of the vac either...but I tell that if it doesn't, then it seems to fit his wallet just fine....housekeepers aren't all THAT expensive.... :wink:

sew cornie 04-02-2010 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
:lol: :lol: Yea!! More folks!!! My DH doesn't think his hand works the handle of the vac either...but I tell that if it doesn't, then it seems to fit his wallet just fine....housekeepers aren't all THAT expensive.... :wink:

The last time my DH vacuumed, he sucked up the vacuum cleaner cord and now it's bandaged in several places with electrical tape! LOL. But I have no complaints. He's absolutely the best and so supportive of my projects. I DO really need to get some housework done before quilting today. I really should . . . I ought to . . . I might . . . maybe . . . (as she skips to the sewing table with glee).

raptureready 04-02-2010 12:42 PM

Housework is done, the fabric I bought yesterday is washed, dryed and folded. SS, DIL and GS will be here about 6:30 for dinner. All I can think of is the houses I want to make and I'm too tired with not enough time. Should have done the sewing first. At least DH is ordering pizza and even though I don't care for it, tonight it will taste like steak.

STAR 04-02-2010 02:13 PM

:mrgreen: well I guess I should be glad that it wasn't a 10!! :twisted: and I think you can breathe through fabric, right??[/quote]

That a good one. Just glad you joined up. With 3 BOM's, 1 scraps club, 1 painting club and other things like housework, laundry, etc. sometimes my DH thinks I'm in over my head too. I just tell him he could always do the housework, the vacumm handle fits a man's hand too. :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't wait to see everyone's blocks.[/quote]

well with my DH its not the housework he is worried about :mrgreen: he just doesn't want me to get all upset if I can't FINISH everything I sign up for and be all disappointed, he's great!!

missgigglewings 04-03-2010 03:46 PM

I dont have a DH, but I KNOW I am in over my head if I sign up for this. HOWEVER.....I'm in! (Just for the challange if anyone asks)

raptureready 04-03-2010 04:29 PM

I finished my first 6 blocks today. 9 1/2"sq The first one was really a monster but once I quit obsessing and just did them it was really fun. I have to work on three BOM's now but I want to make more later on.
We're not supposed to tell what they are or post pix are we?

sandpat 04-03-2010 04:44 PM

Oh...I hope Rachel says post...post...post!!!! I love to see them!

raptureready 04-03-2010 04:53 PM

Well, you might not want to, you haven't seen them yet. LOL

athenagwis 04-03-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I dont have a DH, but I KNOW I am in over my head if I sign up for this. HOWEVER.....I'm in! (Just for the challange if anyone asks)

Well you certainly are not alone in the deep end of this pool!! :) Glad to have you with me!

Cheers!
Rachel