Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-neighborhood-swap-closed-mail-date-july-1st-t41072.html)

athenagwis 04-03-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I finished my first 6 blocks today. 9 1/2"sq The first one was really a monster but once I quit obsessing and just did them it was really fun. I have to work on three BOM's now but I want to make more later on.
We're not supposed to tell what they are or post pix are we?

Share share!! Please post pics as you go either to show us what you have done or ask advice!! :) That's my favorite part!!!

Rachel

raptureready 04-03-2010 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by athenagwis

Originally Posted by raptureready
I finished my first 6 blocks today. 9 1/2"sq The first one was really a monster but once I quit obsessing and just did them it was really fun. I have to work on three BOM's now but I want to make more later on.
We're not supposed to tell what they are or post pix are we?

Share share!! Please post pics as you go either to show us what you have done or ask advice!! :) That's my favorite part!!!

Rachel

Okay, here's my first six blocks. I've heard about these "houses" for a long time but, for the life of me, I can't see how they're stacked any differently.

sharon b 04-03-2010 06:19 PM

Those are so GREAT :mrgreen: Love them

raptureready 04-03-2010 06:28 PM

I just hope they'll be alright. I've never done a swap before and I'm in virgin territory here. I made sure that the fabric was pre-washed and 100% cotton. The brick fabric just hit me as a funny thing to use as an outhouse.

STAR 04-03-2010 06:33 PM

WOW! I love them

athenagwis 04-03-2010 08:35 PM

Those are AWESOME!! You did a perfect job, I love the brick outhouse, that is funny. Are there quilts hanging behind the outhouses too?? LOL I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Cheers!
Rachel

Karen 04-03-2010 09:01 PM

WOW! I love it! A brick outhouse, I believe that is a first!! Great job!!

raptureready 04-04-2010 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Those are AWESOME!! You did a perfect job, I love the brick outhouse, that is funny. Are there quilts hanging behind the outhouses too?? LOL I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Cheers!
Rachel

Yes, that's a row of quilts on a clothesline behind the outhouse but the fabric's printed like that, I didn't piece them. :lol: :lol: Glad you like them.

sandpat 04-04-2010 05:34 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: OH, thats tooo funny!!! I've heard of brick outhouses my whole life!!!..Had never seen one....hmmmm....I don't see the "stacks"...do you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going shopping next week for fabric...I just love the fabric behind with the little quilts...that is PERFECT!!

raptureready 04-04-2010 05:38 AM

I actually have seen one in West York, Illinois. The town is so close to the Wabash River that they can't have septic systems. There's a beautiful brick home there that has a matching brick outhouse. It's stacked but rather boxy, straight up and down, and almost as wide as it is tall, so maybe I'm "stacked" like one after all. :lol: :lol: :lol: