Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-neighborhood-swap-closed-mail-date-july-1st-t41072.html)

LaurieE 05-06-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
I think I'll make some dog houses!

Those should be cute. I can't wait to see one.

Butterflyblue 05-06-2010 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here is my first house, made out of scraps. It's not as wonky as I wanted, but I'll have to try harder at that next time :) I am so used to trying to cut STRAIGHT lines.

I'm going to keep this one - looks fine from the front, but the back has some thread tension problems.

Dawn Hendrix 05-06-2010 11:56 AM

LOVE IT BUTTERFLY!!!!

Dagny 05-06-2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
Well here is my first house, made out of scraps. It's not as wonky as I wanted, but I'll have to try harder at that next time :) I am so used to trying to cut STRAIGHT lines.

I'm going to keep this one - looks fine from the front, but the back has some thread tension problems.

It's as cute as can be! I too had trouble getting funky with my house construction.

Chigger Holler Quilter 05-06-2010 05:46 PM

Sew many cute and funky houses. Best get to work on mine! Keep up the good work!

sandpat 05-06-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dagny
I too had trouble getting funky with my house construction.

I recommend several glasses of wine....or....just take your glasses off when you are sewing...NOT when you are cutting though (ooohhhh....that could be dangerous!)

:lol:

Karen 05-06-2010 07:12 PM

Sandpat that is funny!

Butterflyblue 05-07-2010 06:05 AM

[quote=sandpat]

I recommend several glasses of wine....or....just take your glasses off when you are sewing...NOT when you are cutting though (ooohhhh....that could be dangerous!)

If I took my glasses off for sewing... I don't know, I'm pretty nearsighted. That might be pretty dangerous too.

Dagny 05-07-2010 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

I too had trouble getting funky with my house construction.

I've been to the ER once with a large slice of the end of my finger removed with a rotary cutter and another time with a sewing machine needle that went through my nail and pierced the bone. And, these were without a glass of wine! Thanks for your advice, but I think I should pass. :D

sandpat 05-07-2010 03:18 PM

Oops....well, then I probably should take the advice back...so all you ladies...please keep your glasses on and DO NOT operate your machines and/or rotary cutters after enjoying a few glasses of wine.. :shock: