Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-neighborhood-swap-closed-mail-date-july-1st-t41072.html)

athenagwis 03-30-2010 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
oooo, I'm soooo tempted.

Does this mean that you can't applique? Not that I was going to...but just curious!

Yup what raptureready said! The house itself should be pieced, which I think will give your quilt a little consistency (you need something to make all those funky houses work together!), but after that you have free reign to do whatever you want!!

Cheers!
Rachel

athenagwis 03-30-2010 01:05 AM

I should have everyone that has given a definite yes signed up through here. Let me know if you don't see your name on the activity page or you haven't gotten a PM from me! I am so excited for this ..... I am already picking out the drapes for when I move into our funky neighborhood ..... Who's on the welcoming committee? I expect a plate of cookies when I move in!! hehehe

Cheers!
Rachel

sandpat 03-30-2010 04:35 AM

Well darn it Rachel...I got sooooo busy digging in my stash that I burned the silly cookies! They were the "good" kind tooo! :shock:

Esq....you know I"m an enabler...you should sign up for this one...Sophia would love this funky quilt...make it for her!

Esqmommy 03-30-2010 05:49 AM

Always thinking there Patti!! Still mulling it over. If sign-ups are 6/15, what is the due date?

athenagwis 03-30-2010 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Always thinking there Patti!! Still mulling it over. If sign-ups are 6/15, what is the due date?

Mail date for the swap is July 1st ….. So that’s 3 months to sew :)

Rachel

sandpat 03-30-2010 06:21 AM

Awwww...see Rach...plenty of time! It won't even fall on a due date for the IRR! :wink: :lol:

mbunny 03-30-2010 08:20 AM

Okay, count me in for one set! I just can't resist the idea of a house quilt. I've never kept a quilt that I've made, but this one is going to be mine!

sandpat 03-30-2010 09:18 AM

Yippee...another vict....I mean participant!!! :lol: :lol:

athenagwis 03-30-2010 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I whipped up a quick house today, just to give it a try. It kind of blends together cause I just grabbed my bucket of blue and a strip of green for the grass. Obviously you'd want to make the house stand out more than I did!! :) :)

You'll notice from the picture that this is an unfinished 3.5 (3" finished) block. I wanted to try it just to see if I could do it!! I think in this swap, smaller is slightly harder, but I kinda like the small ones too!! :) :)

We already have 15 people signed up!! That will make a very nice neighborhood ... I will now be baking the cookies for our new neighbors since Pat obviously cannot be trusted!! She's too easily distracted by fabric. :) :)

Cheers!
Rachel

goldendog55 03-30-2010 07:38 PM

I want to sign up and make a whole pile of these blocks! Do we have to tell you how many, exactly?