Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Good Ol' Summertime Swap ... Open to signups until March 30th. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/good-ol-summertime-swap-open-signups-until-march-30th-t173769.html)

RedGarnet222 03-18-2012 02:00 PM

Sure tedtrser! How many sets would you like to make? I will sign up up and fill in the sets later.

Welcome to the swap! Have fun with your blocks.

QuilterMomma 03-19-2012 12:12 PM

Oh goodie another person to add to the mix. Will be so much fun.

ddddd 03-19-2012 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of my 1st block.
They are 9 1/2x 9 1/2.

RedGarnet222 03-19-2012 01:58 PM

dddd is that all cotton? Most fabric like that is a blend. Please don't get upset with me, but it is much thinner than the regular cotton.

urgodschild2 03-19-2012 02:13 PM

I know that the checks material is not always cotton....I think someone told me that. But I found some red check material that is 100% cotton so I think that it is possible to find it. Just a thought. That ant parade is adorable.

Thanks Red for letting me know you got my squares.
I like the bikini one.....too cute. I can always dream about the days when I did wear one.

I am now down in Australia and having fun looking for Quilt fabric stores. In Melbourne they have a fantastic public transportation system so I can get around the city quite well and then of course walking.......Lots of beautiful trees and greenery and lots of people
enjoying the outdoors. I love it here. I get to cuddle my grandkids too and that is the best. I made them an I Spy quilt and they love it. Whew!

atpegsquiltstudio 03-19-2012 03:18 PM

Hello - Was just looking at all the blocks, what great work. I was in the springtime swap earlier and that was great. These look awesome. I am ready to send a set in and am trying to get another one complete in time to send also. So please include me.
p.s. need an address to send to. thanks. Margaret

ddddd 03-19-2012 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 5073969)
dddd is that all cotton? Most fabric like that is a blend. Please don't get upset with me, but it is much thinner than the regular cotton.

Yes, it is 100% cotton purchased from a local quilt shop.
It was very difficult to find since most checkered fabrics I've seen are usually poly/cotton blend.
I also did the burn test to confirm that it is cotton.

Judith1005 03-19-2012 04:55 PM

ddddd, I love your block!!!! What's summertime without a picnic checks andddd ANTS. (LOL)

RedGarnet222 03-20-2012 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by ddddd (Post 5074205)
Yes, it is 100% cotton purchased from a local quilt shop.
It was very difficult to find since most checkered fabrics I've seen are usually poly/cotton blend.
I also did the burn test to confirm that it is cotton.

I know ddddd! It is very hard to find the 100% cotton check fabric. Please don't be mad at me for asking. It is part of hosting that I hate. I love your ants block! It is so perfect for the swap!

RedGarnet222 03-20-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by atpegsquiltstudio (Post 5074179)
Hello - Was just looking at all the blocks, what great work. I was in the springtime swap earlier and that was great. These look awesome. I am ready to send a set in and am trying to get another one complete in time to send also. So please include me.
p.s. need an address to send to. thanks. Margaret

I pm'd you the address margaret!