Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/hands-hope-kennedy-joiner-teresa-delivered-quilt-p22-t20510.html)

tslowery 07-22-2009 09:42 AM

Thanks so much Sisters Embriodery I think that is a wonderful Idea. That has been my problem with not doing more blocks (also been out of town for 3 weeks) I have not done much applique and the hand was hard for me and I have been completely stuck with the Hope words not knowing how to get it on there. I did not like just writing with the pen so I think your offer is super. Again thanks to everyone who is trying to help with this project.

Sisters Embroidery 07-22-2009 10:21 PM

Mh, I am pondering an idea (do you see the smoke rising?) lol

Phew! What a relief, i thought there was another forest fire in CA headed this way again! :wink:

LMK if you've all decided and i'll give you my address to send the blocks. I used to sell on ebay (yuck) in the process of switching to etsy soooo i ship from home all the time. I'm a quick shipper i promise. Em is currently working on a project, (14 blocks of flowers for our latest quilt) but she'll be freed up and ready for something else within 3 days!

TC!
Jae

amma 07-24-2009 02:41 PM

What a great idea and thanks for offering to help out too, Jae :D :D :D

MadQuilter 07-25-2009 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sisters Embroidery

LMK if you've all decided and i'll give you my address to send the blocks.

Just a follow up question on the embroidery: Can your machine do larger size lettering? (Not exactly sure what size I have in mind - somewhere between tiny and humongous. lol)

Sisters Embroidery 07-25-2009 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In all honesty she does humongous better than tiny! The satin letters below are almost 5" and the first letters are almost 9". Are you wanting a kind of slanted block? (a little more stylish than block but easier to read than script)

This was our sign at the quilt show. VERY easy to read. The same can be accomplished but smaller w/o the first letters.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41098[/ATTACH]

MadQuilter 07-25-2009 08:19 PM

Those embroidery samples are beautiful. I may well take you up on your offer.

Right now I am still fighting with my camera.

I have hands from Quiltncrazy, gaigai, beachlady, and amma Thanks you all very much!

All the hand blocks are so sweet and for the life of me, they WILL NOT be photographed. I have tried with flash, without flash, with a light background, with a dark background....no luck.

MadQuilter 07-26-2009 08:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Let's try it again:

MadQuilter 07-26-2009 08:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
They are a little dark - but better than nothing:

PurplePassion 07-26-2009 08:09 AM

Those hands look good. How many blocks have you gotten? what size quilt are you planning ?
Elaine

MadQuilter 07-26-2009 08:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And more: