Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/hot-air-balloon-swap-signup-closed-blocks-due-sept-3-a-t40563.html)

luvmortherest 04-19-2010 09:13 AM

thank you

LovingIzabella 04-19-2010 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of the one I will be doing. It is regular pieced with squares and rectangles :-)
Hugs
April

bella 04-19-2010 10:05 AM

I am going to try this is my first! Hot air balloons are so beautiful!
Bella

BrendaB 04-19-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Originally Posted by sharon b
Brenda can you do applique ? or paper piecing ? there are paper piecing patterns on the internet ! Don't bow out yet, give one a try :lol:

Thank you, Sharon. I haven't tried paper piecing yet. I'm intimidated about trying. I just learned triangles. lol I haven't done any applique either. See what I mean? :-( Kind of pathetic. huh lol Do you have your pattern picked out yet? When I signed up, I bought some fabric with hot air balloons--didn't consider it might be something different.

Brenda,
I have a great pieced pattern that is all squares and rectangles if you would like I would be more than happy to help you with a normal piecing hot air balloon :-)
Hugs
April
LuvMore-Beautiful block!!

This sounds doable. I don't mind learning new things, but I don't have a lot of time and want to do nice blocks for everyone. Squares and triangles, I think I can handle, at least while I learn to applique. So, that is a big "yes, please." Thank you for being so kind and offering to help. I have never met so many people who are willing to help and care about others. Thank you all so very much. :-)

Deb watkins 04-24-2010 10:24 AM

Never give up on a swap...there are lots of us who will help.

BrendaB 04-24-2010 12:16 PM

Well, I'm still figuring it out, but I found the perfect fabric, so am getting more excited about this swap. Now, what to do with all that hot air balloon fabric I bought! lol Guess I could use it as a backing for my squares, right?

MISHNJIM 04-24-2010 04:10 PM

I am nervous about making this block too. I'm gonna try, not gonna give up. I want and need to learn new ways to make blocks. My hubby gave me a compliment today. We went to Joann's and was looking at the Quilt Magazine's and I picked up one of the Easy Quilt magazine and he said, "Your better then that now you would think you would get bored doing the easy quilts". I thanked him and put it down. But he is right...I need to venture off.

Thank you hunny,
Mish

wilhelmina 04-24-2010 04:49 PM

Norbanaquilts - pretty please - post your Hot Air Balloon pattern from the thread "Vote for the Next Block Swap" page 8... :lol:

BrendaB 04-25-2010 02:47 AM

That is a beautiful block. Much fancier than I was thinking about doing. Will you machine applique?

Deb watkins 04-28-2010 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Well, I'm still figuring it out, but I found the perfect fabric, so am getting more excited about this swap. Now, what to do with all that hot air balloon fabric I bought! lol Guess I could use it as a backing for my squares, right?

Your balloons can be what ever you want them to be, just as long as the are 12 of the same.