Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Picnic Swap *Dead Line to Join is June 9th, 2014* (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-picnic-swap-%2Adead-line-join-june-9th-2014%2A-t246196.html)

moonrise 05-06-2014 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are pics of mine. I ordered 7 fabrics instead of just 6, so that if the fried chicken fabric is too large to use, I'll use one of the others as backup. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474666[/ATTACH]

Library.Lil 05-06-2014 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6705762)
5. **Now for the twist**.
This is for those tiny prints on fabric. So the ones who would like to cut them to 2 1/2 " charms they can without losing the print. Any children's print. Please no lines, dots, flowers or things that you wouldn't want in a child's quilts please.

Okay these are actually 5" charms for the twist. * ( So the ones who would like to cut them to 2 1/2 " charms they can without losing the print.)* I just put this here because some might want to cut there 5" into 2 1/2 " charms. I'm sorry for the confusion. If you cut them already send them in I'll trade them out. Did everyone think they are 2 1/2 inch charms? If so and you cut them already we can leave it at that.

I understood. It helps that I saw the discussion on the May 12th thread, I think. I am glad we are still doing 5" so people can choose to cut or not. I like 5" squares, and I may use some of the mini-prints for half square triangles--I did a quilt for a friend's baby that was zig zags with HST and I'd love to do it again with a more I Spy twist.

Library.Lil 05-06-2014 05:04 AM

Love those foods, Moonrise!

PeginCO 05-06-2014 05:25 AM

HST...ooh, that's a good idea, too. All of mine are 5", though I'm also including some 2.5" freebies. So are the people who cut to 2.5" sending four to each swapper?

ETA: this is regarding the twist...I should have used "quote."

sewbizgirl 05-06-2014 06:57 AM

I have mine ready to go. I included things you see and do on a picnic. I think we will have more than enough food blocks. Six sets/six twists.

owlvamp 05-06-2014 12:49 PM

Now remember the twist does not have to relate to the picnic theme. The twist is for tiny prints if someone wants to cut to 2 1/2". Charms. This way they can either have the 5 inch or cut to what they want it to be.

Love love the fabric you choose. The fried chicken doesn't appear to look to big but you'll know when you get it.

sewbizgirl 05-06-2014 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6706492)
Now remember the twist does not have to relate to the picnic theme. The twist is for tiny prints if someone wants to cut to 2 1/2". Charms. This way they can either have the 5 inch or cut to what they want it to be.

Love love the fabric you choose. The fried chicken doesn't appear to look to big but you'll know when you get it.

Oh... CRAP. I messed up. I have cut 6 bags of 15 2.5" mini charms! Good thing I saw your post before I sent the wrong thing.

sewbizgirl 05-06-2014 02:34 PM

Would 6 people like to trade 15 mini charms (2.5") with me? They can go in a regular letter envelope.

owlvamp 05-06-2014 08:53 PM

I will trade with you. Also if anyone else wants to trade can send it in their swap package and just leave me a note.

sewbizgirl 05-06-2014 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6706958)
I will trade with you. Also if anyone else wants to trade can send it in their swap package and just leave me a note.

Okay... so you want me to send them to you with my swap package and then you will send them out with the packages of whoever sends in a trade? That sounds good... no extra expense. I fussy cut my 2.5"s from my scraps. I don't have enough small print fabrics to make many 5" squares that can be quartered into 2.5"s, so I am only going to send 2 twists now, instead of the 6 I signed up for.

So who else would like to trade for my boo-boos? They are bags of 15 2.5" squares. (You can cut some from your scraps that are too small for 5" squares.)