Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Picnic Swap *Dead Line to Join is June 9th, 2014* (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-picnic-swap-%2Adead-line-join-june-9th-2014%2A-t246196.html)

mrshalibut 05-22-2014 06:57 AM

I love frizzymama's rainbow idea too! I was thinking that 56 is a lot of swappers. Maybe we could do half a yard with 24 swappers, even if we had 56 colors, or "sets". It might not be enough for a whole quilt, but it would be a GREAT and colorful head start.

dottie dodge 05-22-2014 10:36 AM

Check out this "I Spy Quilt".......
Forum - Main - Batting or not? If yes..........
Scroll down to PaperPrinsess's post (#8) and check out the 2 links she posted. I love the "I Spy Quilt". And on page 7 of the 2nd link there is another example of this pattern.

sewbizgirl 05-22-2014 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6726983)
Scroll down to PaperPrinsess's post (#8) and check out the 2 links she posted. I love the "I Spy Quilt". And on page 7 of the 2nd link there is another example of this pattern.

Those would be so cute with I Spy centers!

rbwiese 05-22-2014 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut (Post 6726658)
I love frizzymama's rainbow idea too! I was thinking that 56 is a lot of swappers. Maybe we could do half a yard with 24 swappers, even if we had 56 colors, or "sets". It might not be enough for a whole quilt, but it would be a GREAT and colorful head start.

it would be 56 total swaps - not that many. Frizzymama's swaps were limited to 2 slots per person to allow more swapers. Then each person got 2 copies of 56 fabrics - a great swap amount, in my opinion. Sign-ups were by color - a person signed up for a "black" or "orange" or "pink" fabric. Really gave a good variety to the swap fabrics. Swapping also was easier in her system - there were 56 piles of fabric - 1 complete set per sign-up. Then it was just a matter of picking up 1 off of each pile 56 times. Everyone got the same group of fabrics. Sorry for the long explanation! I am long-winded I guess. :D

Library.Lil 05-23-2014 02:18 AM

I, too, participated in Frizzymama's color swap and it was a beautiful array of fabrics.

I was also thinking that if we didn't want to do full on color swap, we could somehow make it the twist? Maybe 10 fabrics per twist, 2 each of 5 different colors? It wouldn't be quite as organized as Frizzymama's and you might get a few more of one color group than another, especially if people get to pick their 5 colors. But it would still give variety. Just thinking out loud.

frizzymama13 05-23-2014 04:59 PM

Color swaps are fun, some colors are harder to find like orange and purple. Having a color twist somehow might be neat. Maybe I'll have to do another color swap down the road! ; )

PeginCO 05-23-2014 10:00 PM

I was never a fan of orange....and then I found this very luscious, beautiful orange at a quilt shop and changed my tune! Same shop had a gorgeous yellow and orange that read orange....ummmm. And purple - don't get me started! This is one of my son's high school colors and I truly love it! Purple and black quilt on my horizon.

I know you all LOVE color as much as I do...so yes to a twist or yes to a color swap. How I would love to make a rainbow quilt! But I still love my I spy projects, too!!

mrshalibut 05-24-2014 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6726983)

I LOVE this! I'm going to do one, but not with I Spy centers or denim. Just how wonderful - wow.

dottie dodge 05-24-2014 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut (Post 6729430)
I LOVE this! I'm going to do one, but not with I Spy centers or denim. Just how wonderful - wow.

What is your plan? Comon..... spill it!

mrshalibut 05-26-2014 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6729481)
What is your plan? Comon..... spill it!

I don't even have a plan yet! I just saw it and knew - that will be the next quilt I start. (I should let you know, I am working on several right now so this new quilt might not be in the works for another few months.)