Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Swap w/ Fall Theme Twist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-swap-w-fall-theme-twist-t253948.html)

Bullock2us 12-12-2014 11:40 AM

Very cute-I think they will love them-you did a great job!

Library.Lil 12-12-2014 06:09 PM

They look great! I love how they all have the same binding!

wendiq 12-12-2014 06:30 PM

Darling! I like how you pulled out all the special colors and then bordered them with the dominant color. I always just put all mine together....I may have to "borrow "your idea.....

sew_busy 12-12-2014 07:01 PM

They look wonderful!! Very fun to see some of the squares that I mailed in make it into your quilts!!'

sewbizgirl 12-12-2014 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by wendiq (Post 7005725)
Darling! I like how you pulled out all the special colors and then bordered them with the dominant color. I always just put all mine together....I may have to "borrow "your idea.....

Thank you everyone! We had three little girls who all loved pink and we needed to make three different quilts... and didn't want anyone fighting over a pink one. So this way they all got the same amount of pink on their quilts.

I usually just put all my squares together too, wendig.

sewbizgirl 12-12-2014 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by sew_busy (Post 7005747)
They look wonderful!! Very fun to see some of the squares that I mailed in make it into your quilts!!'

I was hoping some of you might recognize some of your blocks from past swaps...

It's HARD to find I spy fabrics (novelties) in purple. And when you do, they have butterflies most likely, or faries. Not a lot of variety in purple novelties, if you can even find them.

owlvamp 12-13-2014 02:38 PM

I love all three. Thanks for sharing.

owlvamp 12-15-2014 07:57 AM

Okay all the packages went out this morning. Good thing I went early and stood in line for 25 minutes.. It was a long line behind me.. So be on the look out and we will take off January and start back up in February or March. if you all still want to continue... I'm sure we just didn't have enough players do to the holidays... Will see.

Maybe we should do every other month. What do you all think?

sewbizgirl 12-15-2014 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 7008675)
Okay all the packages went out this morning. Good thing I went early and stood in line for 25 minutes.. It was a long line behind me.. So be on the look out and we will take off January and start back up in February or March. if you all still want to continue... I'm sure we just didn't have enough players do to the holidays... Will see.

Maybe we should do every other month. What do you all think?

Thanks Sandra... those long lines are why I get my shipping labels online and then just leave packages in the mailbox, or drop off at the P.O. It costs you a little printing ink and paper, but they give you a discount on the postage so it kind of all balances out. So much more convenient! :)

So now we have a surprise coming in the mail! Just like Christmas!

Every other month sounds good, especially if not enough people are participating. I would be fine with that. Easier on you, too.

Merry Christmas!

Bullock2us 12-16-2014 05:15 AM

Every other month would be fine by me. I think people were busy for the holidays. I love this swap and will start my search for new fabrics for it after the holidays. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!!!!