Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-rr-iii-group-9-traveling-threads-t59718.html)

lindyline 12-30-2010 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I've finally got around to Marys centre.Had a great idea, but the fabric hasn't arrived, so I've had a rethink.Before I go ahead and finish this, please give some opinions.Thanks.
ps. the little guys are mean't to be floating astronauts.

Maybe1day 12-30-2010 09:34 PM

Very creative Linda, should look good when it is completed.

Maybe1day

maryb119 12-31-2010 06:44 AM

COOL!!!! I love your idea, Lindyline!!

lindyline 12-31-2010 08:48 AM

So now that it's the New Year here, I only have 2 weeks to finish it. Must get onto that later today. Currently 3.45 am, and just got back from spending 5 hours at the ER with son, who came off motorbike yesterday morning.Thankfully only bruising, so my New Year is starting well.
Hope yours is better!!

maryb119 12-31-2010 03:12 PM

I am so glad your son is OK. My son rides one too and I worry all the time. There is no protection on them and other drivers don't watch for them or respect them on the road. My son tells me I paranoid but after my nephew was killed 2 years ago in a car accident, I have realized how precious life really is. I am so happy your son is OK. Sleep well. The center will wait. Your priority is taking car of your son.

Maybe1day 01-01-2011 01:54 PM

So sorry to hear about your sons accident Linda and like wise hope that the rest of your New year was uneventful. Boys and their toys hey :roll: Been there and know just how invincible they think the are.

Maybe1day

sew cornie 01-01-2011 09:19 PM

Linda, I hope your son recovers quickly. That must have been quite a scare. Be sure you get some rest too!

Cool idea for adding astronauts to the quilt. Amazing how quickly the whole look can change just by the addition of one border, isn't it?

lindyline 01-01-2011 09:23 PM

Quick update, Cameron's fine, no lasting damage, just muscle pain and bruising.Thanks for your concern.
Now that I've caught up on sleep, I can start to applique the little astonauts down.Maybe whilst watching tv tonight. :thumbup:

lindyline 01-04-2011 04:42 AM

Another update for anyone out there. May be a little late on this border. Today DH(make whatever words you want from this) who will be 51 in a month, flipped Camerons motorbike. Hours later,he has 3 broken fingers and a broken wrist. And some ligament damage to left knee.Lucky to be alive, no helmet!!!(And I ain't finished with him yet!)
Have to wait 2 more days to see hand surgeon.AGGGHHH!!!!!
Still, got some stitching done whilst waiting for results.

maryb119 01-04-2011 05:35 AM

OH NO!!!! I hope all goes well with the surgeon. You must be worried sick about the two of them. The center will wait. Take care of your family.