Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

Dragonfly Nana 02-03-2012 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4934352)
Just when you think the swap is over for January, all these incredible quilts come tumbling in. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing each one. They are just so much fun and so well done. Kudos, ladies!

Ditto! Well said Krystyna

Judith1005 02-03-2012 05:14 AM

Quilty Louise, Those are super cute.

oksewglad 02-03-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost (Post 4937111)
Wow! I have not checked into this thread for quite a while! Took me almost an hour to look at all of the little beauties. What a creative group we have!

Chele, thanks for being our organizer!

My DQ is ready to mail, as soon as I get a snail mail address. I posted it on my Facebook page, but I'll hold off posting it here until she gets it. Can't wait to see what she has made for me......

Just saw it! It's a winner, Leslie :thumbup:

QuilterMomma 02-03-2012 11:02 AM

As my husband says, I am an overachiever. I was just having fun with the embroidery machine and my love for Montana overflowed as well as Washington. The squirrels on the Washington quilt make me come to work everyday, who else would feed those welfare receipients. I appreciate both of my dqs and look forward to many more. This swap is so much fun because you do get to do things outside your boundaries. That is the part I enjoy. The satisfaction of finishing a quilt in less than a month, that is so worth it. I have a few that are in draft stages already as soon as I get a partner who will like them. It is a process to say the least. Thanks for the Colorado and Massachusetts quilts. oh, and QuiltyLouise, I used a nail file last night out of the goodies you gave me. Then I used one of the bobbin bands on my daughters shirt so she could keep it up because a spider bit her and we had to put medicine on it.

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4937069)
Well said, L.

Needlegrammy 02-03-2012 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]308656[/ATTACH]

I recived a lovley Hexagon quilt from Pegsquiltparlor today. It is hand quilted . Peg also made me a tissue holder, it's already in my purse.

Thanks for being a great swap partner.

Needlegrammy 02-03-2012 05:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am posting the DQ I sent to PegsquiltParlor . This is her first dq swap.

I live a little south of Nashville Tennessee ( Country Music )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308663[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]308665[/ATTACH]

almond 02-03-2012 05:40 PM

Very Very nice and respresents Tenn. very well. Keep up the good work

jillnjo 02-03-2012 05:50 PM

Needlegrammy- like your Tenn. quilt! How did you do those quitar strings?

jillnjo 02-03-2012 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy (Post 4939928)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]308656[/ATTACH]

I recived a lovley Hexagon quilt from Pegsquiltparlor today. It is hand quilted . Peg also made me a tissue holder, it's already in my purse.

Thanks for being a great swap partner.

The little hexagon is so cute! Hand pieced and hand quilted for a first is amazing!

scrappy fay1 02-03-2012 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the quilt that I sent to Dotty. She ask me to post a picture.