Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2016 Postcard Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2016-postcard-swap-t273554.html)

Nelco 12-28-2015 07:13 PM

Been working on small projects before the new year Big projects begin, So my Post card is done. What fun looking for rainbow fabrics. :) :sew:.

cuppy 12-29-2015 12:49 AM

Will make my post card this weekend. Still working on design. Almost a year for me in the postcard swap. My favorite swap!!! Just love it. Make them for friends , coworkers, and family. This is the only swap I will be in, because I am Overflowing with mug rugs, needle case, pin cushions, minis, fabrics, notions.

Judith1005 12-29-2015 05:58 AM

Updated Join list

Judith1005
Banwell
Nelco
dotcomdtcm
Dee7683
owlvamp
cuppy
nana20010
dove1615
Pam P
JuanitaBean
queenof2802

There's still time ladies to hop aboard.

Nelda, :thumbup: you do girl! I am still kicking my idea around. It's almost time to try out a demo. :)

cuppy, I'm not overflowing yet. But, because of the cost of mailing, I've had to scale way back on my swaps as well. (I have to save back that money to mail to my grandchildren.) But, that's okay. I sure do LOVE getting the postcards in the mail. And, I love that it doesn't cost a fortune to send!

Linny 12-29-2015 06:28 AM

Judith, Have some ideas floating around.....sent you a pm.

dfelker 12-29-2015 12:09 PM

I'm in this month too!
I am only in this swap and the monthly block swap as I too have way too many mug rugs etc. Don't get me wrong~I love LOVE them all, but unfortunately, storage space is very very limited at my little Zoo Shanty.

I was blessed to receive a mug rug from Linda made with strawberry fabric. She said in her note that she loved Strawberries and could remember the sweet smell from the Strawberry fields from her time in California. I just loved Linda. She helped me go through a rough patch in dealing with my mom's nastiness (she lives with us.) She said, "Girl, there are just some people you can't make happy, no matter what. Don't buy into her meanness, just do your best, be happy with you and keep on smiling. You are a Great Gal and no one can tell me any different."

Judith1005 12-30-2015 01:20 PM

Updated participant list

Judith1005
Banwell
Nelco
dotcomdtcm
Dee7683
owlvamp
cuppy
nana20010
dove1615
Pam P
JuanitaBean
queenof2802
Linny
dfelker

Judith1005 12-30-2015 01:28 PM

We seem to be short a few regulars this month. I will assign names on the first. If your name is not on the list, somehow, I've missed your sign up. Please let me know.! Thank you.

beckyw 12-30-2015 02:35 PM

I'm in for January. December was fun but glad it is over almost. Weather until the last two days has been nice. I liked the warmer weather. It makes the winter go faster. The rainbows should be fun.

Judith1005 12-30-2015 02:43 PM

Updated participant list

Judith1005
Banwell
Nelco
dotcomdtcm
Dee7683
owlvamp
cuppy
nana20010
dove1615
Pam P
JuanitaBean
queenof2802
Linny
dfelker
beckyw

JuneBillie 12-30-2015 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by cuppy (Post 7416585)
Will make my post card this weekend. Still working on design. Almost a year for me in the postcard swap. My favorite swap!!! Just love it. Make them for friends , coworkers, and family. This is the only swap I will be in, because I am Overflowing with mug rugs, needle case, pin cushions, minis, fabrics, notions.

Cuppy you did it! lol..... I started thinking well I have been making them for around a year too. Me and my husband have been trying to work on our health with lots of issues we have, but when I read what you wrote it made me kind of sad to not be in this time.

And like Judith said, it doesn't cost much to send them. I will never have enough of these wonderful cards. I would just get me another basket. lol.. So I am in for January. I will go month by month with the hopes I can do each month. But life gets in the way sometimes girls.

I am in, but it's Cuppy's fault. :D