Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January - June 2021 Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-june-2021-round-robin-t313692.html)

Mona G 04-16-2021 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 8476019)
Mona group 1

Carrie, I love it. Thank you so much

Macybaby 04-17-2021 04:01 AM

Very nice additions happening! I'm not sure if I'll work on Carrie's round 2 this weekend, or something else. I've pulled an assortment of fabrics but not settled on anything yet. I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do, but that is still "percolating" so I may work on sampler blocks instead. Though I started playing with dresden plates so maybe I'll end up with a totally different idea than what I'm thinking of now!

Rebaquilts 04-17-2021 04:30 AM

Mr. Moose is on his wat

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Round Robinettes, I finished the bottom border of Me. Moose last night, after 3 different colors of moose on the bottom, I settled on this one because the other 3 weren’t too visible. I did the Michigan white pine, corner top block and river birch bottom with 3-D leaves. It’s off to it’s next destination :-) I kept a progress folder in my photos. Hugs!

carriem 04-17-2021 05:27 AM

Looks great Reba! All that detail...wow!!

petthefabric 04-17-2021 08:57 AM

auditioning

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of current status. Trying to pull all together for final round on Mona's gp 2.

Attachment 632837
The corners mimic the center and the border is flying geese. Yes, they aren't straight, artistic license.

Macybaby 04-17-2021 09:09 AM

Reba- that is impressive!

Pet - that is looking very nice, going to be neat seeing that when it's all put together.

Rebaquilts 04-17-2021 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 8476486)
Here's a pic of current status. The corners mimic the center and the border is flying geese. Yes, they aren't straight, artistic license.

I think the license is well-deserved

petthefabric 04-17-2021 04:31 PM

Flying Geese

Hopefully this will be clear (as mud), I don't write directions for a reason.
Start by stacking fabrics wanted for backgrounds (mine are 4 different dark purples). Cut 2.5 inch Diagnol strips. Subdivide these strips into triangles with the hypotanos along the edge of the strip. I'll add more photos in the next post.

For the geese. Cut 2.5 inch strips, then subcut like the background. There's an important difference that will be in the next photos.

Attachment 632850 I start at the bottom with the center triangle. B.Then add a triangle on each side, pressing seams out. C.Then trim the top of that section so there's 1/4 inch seam allowance above the goose and the bottom edge lines up with a measurement line on the ruler. #2 Goose: Place the goose with the long side of the triange touching the point of the first goose. It can be moved to the left or right of center. I moved it 1/4 inch for a grandual wave. Trim the previous dark background to allign with the bias sides of step 2 goose. The repeat B and C. A chalk measurement of 6.5 inches will help to keep the geese within the area desired and that the backgrounds are covering to the edge. Repeat to the desisred length. Trim to desired width. Stitch triamgles into the notches at the outer edge of top.

Now for more pictures.

petthefabric 04-17-2021 05:08 PM

Flying Geese +

4 Attachment(s)
More pictures
Couldn't get the first picture to upload. It shows cutting 2.5 inch strips diagnal from background.
Attachment 632854 This shows subcutting strips. The ruler I'm using is from Omnigrid and ~20 yrs old. Many other companies are making them now.
Attachment 632853 This shows subcutting strips different sizes. As the goose travels from one side to the other, longer strips are required on the side that is the farthest from the edge.
Attachment 632852 This show cutting strips WoF 2.5" wide
Attachment 632851 This show subcutting strips into geese, using the same triangle rules as above.
After the length of flying geese is made, I trim the sides to the width I want, in this case 6.5".

petthefabric 04-17-2021 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is with 2 sides. looks maybe they don't fit. I'll get that fixed at the end.
Attachment 632857