Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html)

nhnative 01-08-2015 08:52 AM

I just went out to shovel and it was 1 degree with a wind chill of -15. Needless to say I'm not going anywhere today. I will have my package ready to mail when I finally get out. It's supposed to be cold like this until Sunday. No school around here. I've already made a banana nut bread and a cranberry orange bread from scratch. It's amazing what I can get done when I have to stay home.
Everyone had such wonderful memories. I did sew my own clothes when I was in high school and made some pants suits while most everyone was wearing dresses. We didn't have jeans then. I was more into knitting and crochet so I didn't collect buttons then. I didn't even start to quilt until 9 years ago. Nice walk down memory lane.
Everyone stay warm

Patchesnposies 01-08-2015 09:16 AM

I have two packages taped up and ready to go out the door. One Pincushion/Needle Case swap and one Valentine mug rug swap. I hope to get them to the post office this afternoon.

Our little part of the world is unseasonably cold today, 32 (says it feels like 26) and we are due for possible snow. We moved here for the dry heat and warmer winters (I have rheumatoid arthritis). I do feel for everyone who is going through sub-zero and single digit weather. When it is cold I just want to hibernate.

lawsonmugs 01-08-2015 09:26 AM

Sis, did you see the table runner on todays newsletter "Lady Bug Lady Bug" under pictures. soo cute. Lynnie please tell me when the train ride starts please. Well this morning I got up to put wood on the stove and looked out . The temp was 0 radio said with wind chill it was 14 below. I think winter is here.I also think I've caught a cold. Oh Boy. Everyone stay warm. Just heard on the news Anchorage Alaska is 46* wow we are only at 13* and it's almost 11:30 a .m.

JuneBillie 01-08-2015 10:09 AM

It was 0 here early this morning with chill around -15 . That is very cold for us in East TN.

When I was about 6 years old I use to sit at my grand mothers dressing table as she called it, and she let me look through her jewelry chest. I loved seeing all the earrings that had rhinestones. At that time she had the clip on type. Lots of pretty necklaces, but I mostly remember all the pretty rhinestones she had. Today I still love rhinestones in anything. She told me that when she was young she wore heals that were called "cuban heels." Does anyone know what kind of heels that is? I never have known.

I should have my pincushion and needle case out in the mail by the weekend.

klaws 01-08-2015 01:16 PM

My desktop computer took a dump! I am trying to use my little netbooklaptop. All of my swap info is on my big computer. I will have limited access to the QB until I get my other computer fixed or a new one.

nhnative 01-08-2015 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So cold here and more snow tonight. I know I have to babysit tomorrow and do a lot of errands. Good thing it's warming up to 17. Karen I hope you get your computer fixed. I just hate it when my computer is down. Dwina here is a pic I got on Facebook. I hope I can get it on here as I screwed up my pictures and am having a hard time finding them. Computers ugh.

ctyankee 01-08-2015 02:04 PM

My youngest lives in Iceland ... I should find some of her photos! (As if I could figure out how to get them on here!)

lynnie 01-08-2015 02:27 PM

Mary, the train pulls from the station on Satuday January 10th at 12 noon. Be on the train or you'll be running. can't wait. I'm bringing some coconut cream pie if I don't eat it first for the club car. at the rate this weather is going. maybe some hot chocolate vodka too. Don't forget your snowboots. it may be cold.I'll save you a seat.

TOOMANYUFO'S 01-08-2015 02:31 PM

Not sure but it looks like the portland light. My great grandmother was also the wife of a lighthouse keeper in Cape Elizabeth. My father and aunts use to play in the lighthouse. I only saw pictures and heard them talk about it. It was before my time. We are getting 2-4" of snow tonight.

lynnie 01-08-2015 02:32 PM

I remember making one of those whirllygig thingys too.
played with it for hours and thought it was a great cheap toy. oh the good old day b4
computers and video games. kids now would think we were crazy playing with string
and buttons. they didn't know the joy.