Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html)

roserips 01-03-2015 01:19 PM

Finally took the time to read through all of the posts. Lynnie! you are such an over achiever if only I could be more like you. Everything done and mailed all ready! Well surprise I almost have my needle case finished! Lynnie I love the needle cases with a place for scissors and tape measure or other useful things. Also have figured out a fun pc to make as well. So I am on track for a change. Yeah!!!! Missed you all during December but I was so busy nice to be able to breath again.

ctyankee 01-03-2015 02:07 PM

I have a thing for hexes, too. I just keep making them ... some day they will grow up & be something! Hmmm ...

Everybody getting rain? It's been snowing here since 1:30 p.m. -- & it's still snowing!

cuppy 01-03-2015 02:14 PM

No snow , no rain .....Sunshine and warm today in Orlando 80 degrees tomorrow the same.

klaws 01-03-2015 02:17 PM

Same here in Largo, FL. Warm and sunny.

Patchesnposies 01-03-2015 02:36 PM

2-3 inches of snow overnight, all melted off this afternoon and made everything nice and muddy. lol

The kids played out in it for 2 hours this morning, such snowball fights! I told them to get out there and have as much fun as you can......it won't last long.

My littlest guy (7) cried when they came in, not because he wasn't ready to-they were cold and soaked, but because he was going to miss the (sniff, sniff) snooooooooowwwwww.

Most years we don't get any.

lawsonmugs 01-03-2015 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sis I wanna see the Pin Cush. from Cuppy. Pat your hexie quilt and mug rug are very cute. Ctyankee the magazine boards are also known as comic book boards. They are a hard cardboard about 7x10 inches I haven't measured them. I use them for my fat quarters and small pieces of fabric.I cut the boards into fourths.Then fold the fabric around them. They look like mini bolts of fabric. Then I put them in a shallow tote about 8" deep. Mine are arranged by color then I have the totes on shelves. Since I make a lot of small things they are so much easier for me to find fabrics.I took a quick picture of my green fabric. There is a comic book board sticking up in the back of the bin. Hope this helps you. :D:sew: Guess I should have straighten the fabric for the picture.lol

Ladybug 1938 01-03-2015 04:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sis Here's picture of the pin cushion and a Christmas Wall hanging I made for my Quilt room...
I use the Joann's cardboards and cut them in 4 pieces and fold my yardage in half lengthwise and wrap it around the cardboard....

Ladybug 1938 01-03-2015 04:23 PM

I have some pictures of Christmas cactus and how to root them will try to put in my album....

lynnie 01-03-2015 04:24 PM

nice stash of greens. my pcs are pretty tiny, 1/4 yd or less, how do people handle those?
I tried folding them into smaller sqs. but then when i need it, it gets all messed again.
I'm open to all suggestions. except the 'thow it all out and start over again" solution.

klaws 01-03-2015 04:26 PM

Very pretty pc from cuppy. The wall hanging is really nice. Great job!