Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html)

Patchesnposies 01-02-2015 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by nhnative (Post 7031126)
There were some injuries but no one died. They even had fires.

Pat, I am glad no one was killed. Hopefully, no one is terribly injured. Was it foggy? Or, just slick with ice?

We are in a valley/basin at the foot of the southern most tip of the Rocky Mountains and we almost never get harsh weather. In 2010 we had a storm that brought us a low of 15 below zero and the utilities had sold all of our natural NM gas to other states, there was NO way to heat our homes (by gas anyway) and we spent 3 days huddled around our fireplace. All 8 of us in one bedroom, at night, piled on top of each other to create heat. Not a winter we will soon forget. No one in NM is prepared for that, unless you live up in the Mts.

We actually have snow falling right now. We won't get much, I don't believe, but enough for the kids to enjoy until it melts. I lived in SD for almost a decade and had enough sub zero weather and snow to last me two life times. lol I do not miss it.

For everyone living where Mother Nature can be unpredictable please stay safe and stay warm!

ctyankee 01-02-2015 02:26 PM

Wow, I didn't see the news yet. Just got home from work a short while ago. I didn't hear about a 50-car pile-up. I hope everyone is okay. What a dreadful experience! (~shudder~shudder~)

Arthur is a sweet boy. He'll be 15 years old this year & has bobcat markings on his underbelly. And he's 25-lbs. Not fat, just big! His brother Merlin was just slightly less poundage but equally charming.

I'm looking for additional goodies before I send my package out; I find this the hardest part! I want to be like Lynnie & get everything done a month or 2 in advance!

Everybody have a great evening!

TOOMANYUFO'S 01-02-2015 03:33 PM

Well not sure what I'm gonna do yet. My pal is someone who I have had before, she lives south of me. We are in for some cold weather, Brrrrr!

ctyankee 01-02-2015 06:40 PM

Everybody is south of you, Dwina! Just have fun with it. (I'm a fine one to talk! Heehee!)

Oksewnsew 01-02-2015 07:03 PM

Mine is all done, ready to box (gotta find one).. It will fly NW of me where it's COLD.. Hope you like it. ;o)

lynnie 01-02-2015 08:20 PM

Dwina, that's like saying everyone is west of me. only you and 2 others are east of me. maybe.
Mary, I did last year with a leprechaun. maybe another this year. with a pot of gold. don't know yet.
got a good idea for april, don't know if i'll use it or not. may go easy instead of driving myself crazy.

lynnie 01-02-2015 08:22 PM

that's horrible, the multicar pileup. that's horrible. Maybe just skidding into
each other and not many hurt, hopefully.

JuneBillie 01-03-2015 12:42 AM

Hopefully I will get my butt in gear soon. Been in bed after being hit with a stomach virus.

I seen about that horrible car pile up. I hope all those people will be ok.

You girls take care, and luv you all.

TOOMANYUFO'S 01-03-2015 05:47 AM

Well, I decided this year I am going to get my stash in order. I ordered 100 magazine boards and have used them all. I will place an order for 200 more and see how far that gets me. What I have done is amazing, I will finally be able to see all the fabric I have instead of going thru totes. I even located fabric I forgot I had bought. The organization is going a lot better than the dieting, lol.

klaws 01-03-2015 06:06 AM

Way to go Dwina. Keep up the good work on both! :thumbup: