Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html)

Ladybug 1938 01-19-2015 05:43 PM

YOU reminded me I need to ask my son for the cord for my camera to fit into my computer... actually need one to go into my Kindle... He was going to send it to me...

Really anxious to get started on some Hexies... Oh just found out I am going to be a great grandma again, not once my Granddaughter is 12 weeks along and they are going to adopt a little Chinese baby...

Ladybug 1938 01-19-2015 05:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Pictures of the Get well package Sis sent me a little purse, Sewing machine earrings and an ornament, also baby quilt I made...

TOOMANYUFO'S 01-19-2015 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well since everyone is showing their hexies here is mine. Chicken in a basket is a very cute idea. Love the little hexies. My hexies are 1 3/4" huge compared to 3/8 " and 3/4". Ladybug did you hand quilt the baby quilt? Love the pantie purse and angel ornament.

TOOMANYUFO'S 01-19-2015 06:25 PM

I will be sending out my pkg tomorrow. My FIL is out of the hospital and doing quite well.

Ladybug 1938 01-19-2015 06:26 PM

Yes I hand quilt most of my quilts, the only thing I don't hand quilt are table runners and place mats... Love he looks of hand quilting ...

klaws 01-19-2015 07:14 PM

Rosemary, love the baby quilt! Also you received a nice little gift from Mary. That's really nice of her.

lynnie 01-19-2015 07:38 PM

Rosemary, love the baby quilt, the earrings and panties. Mary makes a great pkg!
Love the quilt and it looks hand quilted. I love hand quilting.

Dwina, love your hexies. love seeing how everyone does them differently.

Patchesnposies 01-19-2015 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 7055070)
YOU reminded me I need to ask my son for the cord for my camera to fit into my computer... actually need one to go into my Kindle... He was going to send it to me...

Really anxious to get started on some Hexies... Oh just found out I am going to be a great grandma again, not once my Granddaughter is 12 weeks along and they are going to adopt a little Chinese baby...

Congratulations, Great Grandma to be! Am I understanding this right? They started out to adopt a Chinese baby and she ended up pregnant, too? No matter how it worked out, congrats are in order! Five of our kids are adopted, two from Vietnam. I can't tell you how many times I heard stories of folks who were having trouble conceiving only to begin the journey through adoption AND end up pregnant. I am a big adoption advocate, I am so happy to hear of your coming great grand babies! Woo Hoo! :D

Deb

lynnie 01-19-2015 09:21 PM

Rosemary, so happy about the baby too. what a wonderful surprise. soooo, what are you making??? any pictures yet?

JuneBillie 01-19-2015 09:35 PM

Pat and Dwina I love the hexie patterns you both made your hexies into. I love them done that way.

That is a really pretty chicken pincushion and needle case with the bowl from MelanieLynn. I love the chickens too. I have a beautiful little white chicken with the regular chicken colors. They are so handy.

Rosemary that is a pretty baby quilt, and your goodies as a get well package are really nice.

I still make hexies too. I have tried different sizes. I don't like working with those bigger than 2" or those smaller than 1". lol...

I have a routine now where whatever I am working on when I finish cutting I then check to see if any scraps are big enough for the postage stamps and cut those, then below that and they go into my zip lock bag to save for my doggie beds stuffing. So I waste nothing this way.

Went to see my dad today. He is doing well. Had a good visit.

Take care everyone.