Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

Crafty Darlene 01-08-2013 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, hope everyone is having a great New Year! I received the most wonderful pkg from Catjo (Cathy) and it arrived at just the right moment! We've been spending all of our time since last Wed. with my 88 yr old FIL who has been in the hsp. He has a terrible case of pneumonia (sp sorry) (his Dr. said the kind that used to kill everyone) which caused him to become dehydrated and then caused heart problems. He is now in a stepdown room and we're hoping he gets to move to a regular room some time this weekend. Please say a little prayer for him.
So what a great surprise to come home to! It was packed with so many wonderful things and Cathy "Thank you" again I loved it all! SP hope to get your pkg together this week and in the mail! Have a great day ya'll!

jaba 01-08-2013 08:14 AM

Nice package, that Heath bar looks pretty good, I like those too. And now I remember what I didn't put in my packages...candy....sorry SP's but they are on the way. I may have put some in there but not your favorite I know, how could I have forgotten that? very easily apparently. I think you have a twin on here somewhere dabbler..
Haven't seen any clues that I think pertain to me, but guess I'll know pretty soon when it arrives.

Knitette 01-08-2013 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5770922)
What is your weather like over there in Scotland?
It is supposed to be in the upper 40's to mid 50's today. But the weather people
say that we have another cold front moving our way (YUCK).

It's been unseasonably warm, but I'm not fooled - we had this last year then enough snow to bring the country to a standstill. We also had the worst (and the wettest) summer for 100 years - same temperature in August some days as we've had the last few days. Storms just before Christmas caused a lot of damage and flooding, but no deaths, so all well.

Crafty Darlene - I hope FIL makes a good recovery. Thinking of you.

Sibi 01-08-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 5770840)
They're on their way!

My first SP lives in a state that ends in 'A'. We both hate the same colour (pity you don't know what mine is :D). You're looking for the same fabric colour as me (shame about that too :D:D). You have a fluffy furbaby, but it's not a cat. Your zip adds to 29.

My second SP lives in a state that ends in 'A' (who knew there were so many :D). You like the colour I hate (if only.........). You like two things that fly. You have a furbaby, out there.......;).

The second SP could be me!

wanda lou 01-08-2013 12:01 PM

missed a couple days and wow so much catching up to do.

luvstoquilt 01-08-2013 12:42 PM

Crafty Darlene...hope your FIL is in his own room now and getting better every day! MY SP pkg is winging its way west! I hope it arrives tomorrow..but should be there Thurs. for sure! Not 1 piece of candy in that box!!!

verna2197 01-08-2013 01:17 PM

Well I guess I don't get to play this month. I sent Lori my info on the 26th of Dec., she never got it. In the meantime I was in Indy for Christmas came home for 1 day and had to turn right back around for a funeral. Then when I finally get home this past Friday I am so sick I can just barely hold my head up. Anyway had a pm from Lori telling me to resend it to her which was posted on the 4th I think. I contacted her yesterday to see if she still had someone for me but so far haven't heard back from her. GRRRR, I already had my box almost all ready too.

reeskylr 01-08-2013 01:55 PM

My SP's box headed out today!! Her zip code adds up to 32. I hope she likes all the cra-- er I mean goodies I stuffed in there. lol

reeskylr 01-08-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5770583)
Well, BOTH these clues fit me, except I know i didn't put them on my info sheet, so guess I loose again. SP where are you - or better still, have you mailed my box?

I heard the Seahawks will deliver it on their way to Atlanta...

:cool:

reeskylr 01-08-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by annt59 (Post 5768231)
My SP has 37 degrees outside tonight.

O.o. I mighta had that.