Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

Quilty-Louise 01-13-2013 07:24 AM

I ALWAYS use flat rate AND go to the USPS.com to pay, print & schedule
for a pickup.
You can save money by doing it online. A flat rate padded envelope only
costs me $5.10 to mail if I do it online, if I take it to the post office to have
mailed it will cost $5.30. Now twenty cents may not sound like much of a
savings, but it all adds up.

I LOVE the pickup service the most. I don't have to go to PO anymore and
stand in line waiting, even though my PO is fairly small they never seem to
have enough people working the counter (usually only 1 person).

I HIGHLY recommend setting up a USPS.com account.

Just my opinion though.

mscupid804 01-13-2013 07:39 AM

I do that too Louise!

brenda21 01-13-2013 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5782653)
Oooo. That makes my head hurt.

yep, mine too...just add a second time to check answer hahahaha

leiladylei54 01-13-2013 09:19 AM

You're very welcome, letsquilt. Glad you like the contents of your Swap box....it was fun putting it together.

Vanogay 01-13-2013 10:13 AM

My zip adds up to 32 = 3-7-8-7-7
Knitette, Jaba's avatar is a professional football team that was viing for the division championship. Game played last night (Saturday) and unfortunately, they lost. I"ve sent her my condolences!

TammyB 01-13-2013 02:07 PM

Great packages coming in!

A clue for my SP: I live three miles from the country you were born in!

Belfrybat 01-13-2013 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5782892)
for a pickup.
You can save money by doing it online.... I HIGHLY recommend setting up a USPS.com account.

Just my opinion though.

I agree with doing postage on-line, but depending on the weight, going First Class package using a manilla envelope will save a bunch also, especially if you have a PayPal account. I just did the postage for a quilting swap on another site, and since the package only weighed 12 oz., it was much cheaper to use First Class package rate through PayPal/shipnow -- $2.99 vs. $5.10 with USPS.com. And that includes tracking. I wish USPS would allow First Class on their website, but they don't which is why I go through Paypal.

mscupid804 01-13-2013 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5783890)
I agree with doing postage on-line, but depending on the weight, going First Class package using a manilla envelope will save a bunch also, especially if you have a PayPal account. I just did the postage for a quilting swap on another site, and since the package only weighed 12 oz., it was much cheaper to use First Class package rate through PayPal/shipnow -- $2.99 vs. $5.10 with USPS.com. And that includes tracking. I wish USPS would allow First Class on their website, but they don't which is why I go through Paypal.

Shipping FLAT RATE (as most of us do) we can pack it as full as we want regardless of the weight, for ONE FLAT RATE. Yes, your 12 oz pkg would be cheaper because it's just 12 oz. If we were mailing just a tiny bit we would go that route as well, but like I said, most of us pack to the max and flat rate is the best way to go to get more bang for your buck.

clsurz 01-13-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5782892)
for a pickup.
You can save money by doing it online. A flat rate padded envelope only
costs me $5.10 to mail if I do it online, if I take it to the post office to have
mailed it will cost $5.30. Now twenty cents may not sound like much of a
savings, but it all adds up.

I LOVE the pickup service the most. I don't have to go to PO anymore and
stand in line waiting, even though my PO is fairly small they never seem to
have enough people working the counter (usually only 1 person).

I HIGHLY recommend setting up a USPS.com account.

Just my opinion though.

I think I will also. Been years since I've used postal for anything.

fayzer 01-13-2013 06:00 PM

I haven't had time to be on the board lately. Busy, busy! My SP's pkg will go out before deadline. I am making something and need to finish it between all the other busy work I'm doing. I don't even have time to look for clues for my own package! Too many projects and too many deadlines plus my sons knee surgery Tuesday. Miss the fun. Will try to play catch up soon.