Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Swap closes Jan 1 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-swap-closes-jan-1-4pm-t237504.html)

Lori Peercy 01-05-2014 12:06 PM

It is waaaay cold here in southeast Iowa and going to be colder tonight and tomorrow! When I went to the Dr on Friday she told me to stay indoors and away from all the germy people out there. I haven't been out the doorsinc then!

Grandma Peg 01-05-2014 12:36 PM

Fayser you have my sympathy. Lori, glad you are staying in and recuperating. Sounds like bad weather across most of the country.
My SP has pets.

reeskylr 01-05-2014 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 6494437)
OK, this could definitely be me!:thumbup:

I plead the fifth. :o

reeskylr 01-05-2014 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 6494693)
It is waaaay cold here in southeast Iowa and going to be colder tonight and tomorrow! When I went to the Dr on Friday she told me to stay indoors and away from all the germy people out there. I haven't been out the doorsinc then!

Sounds like a good idea. Dang germy people anyway. :)

mscupid804 01-05-2014 02:16 PM

I'm currently sick myself...:(:thumbdown: I have my hubby to thank for that.

jaba 01-05-2014 07:08 PM

Sewed for my SP today, in her favorite colors, so hope she will like them.

Knitette 01-06-2014 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 6494970)
I'm currently sick myself...:(:thumbdown: I have my hubby to thank for that.

Me too! But I'm blaming my grandsons who are germ-magnets. Spent the first few days of the year with a tap turned on in my head :(

I am, however, sufficiently well enough recovered to struggle over to my LQS sale............ :)

quiltnut4ever 01-06-2014 06:37 AM

Fayzer my sympathies to you that must have been a hard time overall. Lori please stay indoors. Anyone out there in the frigid weather do the same if you can. I lived in Alaska years ago and know how it feels with temps at below anything, ie. -50! So layer your clothing, cover your ears and wear gloves. Though I live in FL we are going to have our weather drop to the low 30's this week. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining but for Florida standards when it hits that low it does get bone chilling. On another note, I'm going out today to shop for my SP. You and I share the same like in colors, you have a furry friend and live North of me. Everyone have a great day and be safe and warm.

Lori Peercy 01-06-2014 06:50 AM

It is -13 with wind chill of -38 this morning. High of -6 today. I ain't goin Nowhere! With my COPD I sure don't need to be out in that. I have lost about 50 pounds now and have been able to cut my high blood pressure medicine in half and don't have to take anything for my diabetes anymore. I hope this year is better than last year for sure.

fabric lover 01-06-2014 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 6496166)
It is -13 with wind chill of -38 this morning. High of -6 today. I ain't goin Nowhere! With my COPD I sure don't need to be out in that. I have lost about 50 pounds now and have been able to cut my high blood pressure medicine in half and don't have to take anything for my diabetes anymore. I hope this year is better than last year for sure.

Wowwwwwww Lori, that's fantastic, I know how hard that is so I'm very impressed with losing so much weight.
When I was diagnosed with diabetes I lost a lot of weight as well and could lower my medication. Unfortunately now, 15 yrs later and the same weight, I do have to take more meds and give myself a 'shot' once a day.
Ah well, old age, what can a girl do ? LOL.

Stay warm and comfy indoors.
Today it was 14 degr. C here, according to 'the people who know these things' it's the warmest 6th of januari in recorded history :-)