Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Mini Quilt Swap "Dealers Choice" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-mini-quilt-swap-dealers-choice-t266836.html)

tlambing 07-16-2015 10:34 AM

Adorable! Wish my waist looked like that in my suit! HAHA

I'm thinking of... "Dog (or Cat) days of Summer" for the August swap.

tlambing 07-16-2015 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 7258379)
I am also searching for the doll quilt swap. Does it still go on? Has the mini swap replaced the doll quilt swap?

The mini didn't replace the doll quilt swap. I loved doing that one too! but, as it disappeared I started this one in the hopes of displaying the minis in a collage on my sewing room wall. I've amassed quite a display!

tlambing 07-16-2015 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are last months Mini's!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525294[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 07-16-2015 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 7258379)
I am also searching for the doll quilt swap. Does it still go on? Has the mini swap replaced the doll quilt swap?

What would be the difference between a mini quilt and a doll quilt?

sewbizgirl 07-16-2015 03:41 PM

What an adorable quilt... swimsuit and sunshine!

roseirish48 07-16-2015 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7255565)
got my mini and in only 2 days, I mailed mine out over 10 days ago, and it's still not there.
Mine from Linda is so cute. it's a lot of purple, a purple bathing suit is appliqued onton the front and center. it's appliqued onto a fabric with smiling suns on it, a row of purple daisys are on the border. then more purple fabric and another row of lace. bound in purple. and quilted in the serpentine stitch.she also sent two beautiful fat quarters, in purple and white. Love them. a nice little notecard, and two of her famous fabric flowers, which I love. made the last ones into magnets for the fridge. thank you Linda for a fantastic swap package.

I hope you get your soon. Darn Post Office with their pony express.

i mailed a quilt to california last december. it ended up in New Jersey. i sent a complaint to Post office via website. thry emailed me back requesting traking number and address it was being sent to. the package was found and was delivered in time for xmas. remember that tracking website has place for complaints also so try it next time a package gets stuk somewhere.

JuneBillie 07-16-2015 09:25 PM

I had a package get stuck at one place once, and contacted the usps on line and sent them a complaint and explained what shows up on the tracking number, and they looked into it very promptly, and that package moved quickly after that.

SheriR 07-17-2015 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7258900)
What would be the difference between a mini quilt and a doll quilt?

I'm interested in the answer to this. Rhonda has a three month "wall hanging" swap going too. Mini...Doll...Wallhanging... They sure seem similar to me.

dotcomdtcm 07-17-2015 06:06 AM

Linda: That is so-o Lynnie!!
Doll quilts: I did them years ago, first with Chele and the Krystyna. My guild is making them now for American dolls. AG is donating dolls to help victims of abuse, in play therapy. Def bigger than the minis. Maybe after the holidaze.

dotcomdtcm 07-17-2015 06:08 AM

Linda: That is so-o Lynnie!!
Doll quilts: I did them years ago, first with Chele and then Krystyna. My guild is making them now for American Girl dolls . AG is donating dolls to help victims of abuse, in play therapy. Def bigger than the minis. Maybe after the holidaze.