Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Mini Quilt Swap "Dealers Choice" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-mini-quilt-swap-dealers-choice-t266836.html)

tlambing 07-17-2015 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 7259375)
I'm interested in the answer to this. Rhonda has a three month "wall hanging" swap going too. Mini...Doll...Wallhanging... They sure seem similar to me.

My thoughts on the difference is:
a mini is a tiny quilt 6-12ish inches, mainly made to be a small wall hanging or table decoration.

doll quilt is a small quilt up to about 24 inches, made for dolly play or decorative purposes.

wallhanging is just that. A quilt of any size made for wall decor purposes

All of these swaps were/have been started and hosted by different people. Just different choices of fun swaps to get involved in. I haven't seen the doll quilt swap listed in many many months. So, if someone would like to start that type of swap up again, I think it would be fun! Contact a qb moderator for the ok. There is room here for all of us, and I love to see all of the choices.

I'm so happy to have so many loyal swappers and love to see newbies jump in to try it out too. It's nice to get to know so many quilters!
Teresa

lynnie 07-17-2015 11:52 AM

are we doing cat days of summer?????

tlambing 07-17-2015 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7259803)
are we doing cat days of summer?????

Or dogs! :thumbup:

klaws 07-17-2015 04:22 PM

TL I love the idea of cat or dog days of summer! I know exactly what I'm going to do. :D

dotcomdtcm 07-17-2015 04:46 PM

I'd like to wait & see what my partner has in mind, after the official topic is announced.
I just made 8 back to school mug rugs for some of my little friends. So much fun!!

sewbizgirl 07-17-2015 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 7260040)
I'd like to wait & see what my partner has in mind, after the official topic is announced.
I just made 8 back to school mug rugs for some of my little friends. So much fun!!

Did you take pictures of those 8 mug rugs? You know we want to see them!

JuneBillie 07-17-2015 10:11 PM

I am still working away on my special partners mini quilt. The first design I started, I didn't like so I went another way. It's a bit different. :)

dotcomdtcm 07-18-2015 06:42 AM

I have a "new" computer. Working out photo uploads. Very complicated w my helpers far away

JuneBillie 07-18-2015 11:11 AM

I should be sending out sewbizgirl's mini on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

JuneBillie 07-19-2015 04:20 PM

I have spent the day inside sewing avoiding the hot weather. I think I will take a couple more days on sewbizgirl's mini, because I want to add a bit more to it. I think it is pretty. It's a pattern I haven't done before, but I like how it's turning out. I think you will like it sewbizgirl, but I am still learning with each thing I make so none are perfect for sure. :p I look forward to seeing all the other beautiful creations.