Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-mug-rug-swap-summer-time-fun-makers-choice-t266690.html)

sewbizgirl 07-12-2015 09:55 AM

Great swap by ctyankee! Love the MR and the way the watermelon was pieced. Love all the goodies, too. Just great!

nhnative 07-12-2015 10:39 AM

Pamela I love the mug rug you made for Deb. I've never seen any seashell fabric. What a cute watermelon and matching thread catcher. Love the goodies.

snownannie 07-12-2015 12:31 PM

Love the camper mug rug. Wish that was mine. Too cute. We just got a used RV and haven't taken it out yet.

JuneBillie 07-12-2015 12:46 PM

Deb I am glad you mentioned about the strawberry. I thought that might be what it was. Your package is so nice. Everything is great. When I was pregnant with my son many years ago now, I craved watermelon and chicken, but when I would get it, it tasted terrible to me. My imagination was so different than when I got it. lol...
Great work Ctyankee! :)

rwquilts 07-12-2015 04:19 PM

ctyankee...super cute mug rug and goodies! A good sweet watermellon is always a great idea in the summertime!

TPr9258 07-12-2015 05:06 PM

Love all the mug rugs thus far, I am so impressed about the edges on the camper, no way I can do that, still stumped about what to do for mine for this month, hope it come soon.

lynnie 07-12-2015 06:34 PM

love that cute little matching thread catcher too!

Elisabrat 07-13-2015 05:55 AM

Just go on pinterest and type in mug rugs and if you have a slight idea pick a theme and you will find hundreds of ideas right there for you! then you hit your fabric stack and stack cutting! look at the simpliest and cutest mug rugs so far this month? there are crazy difficult ones don't get me wrong but also simple ones. or do one that has just the colors or fabrics of the theme and do a traditional block only smaller. say a 9.5 inch block or so! you can do it! lol duh.

Love that watermelon! how great is that a day at the beach with .. snacks! I think of going to the beach and as a kid and mom pulling out the chips to go with our lunch and all I can remember is the extra grit and crunch to the food. I hated it. lol. duh wiping my hands off would have been much less gritty I know. How come no one ever mentioned that to me? noooo learned the hard way! to this day cant eat on the beach. put me over at a table or on the tailgate and its fine but not in the middle of the sand. What a dork.

Whigrose 07-13-2015 08:12 AM

Jaba, good luck with your gorgeous quilts at the fair.

rwquilts, ljdugas31 received a beautiful mug rug and package from you! Beautiful echo stitching. And I love the background fabric you choose. The chicken pin cushion is over the moon-love the purple. I have one a friend I met on QB made for me a few years ago.

JuneBillie and rwquilts-love the new avatars.

Best,
deb in Maine

JuneBillie 07-13-2015 08:53 AM

Deb my new avatar is the beautiful mini quilt sewbizgirl made for me. :)

I am sending out my July mug rug to my partner dfelker (Dorothy) today. Dorothy I hope you will like it. I think it came out cute. :) It represents what I have been doing this summer, and what I love to do when I can. (That is my hint) lol...