Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-oct-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t305530.html)

granky 07-13-2019 02:58 PM

I suppose everyone is tired of hearing me fuss about the 'red and black' quilt, but I have to tell one more thing about it...besides the fact that I finally decided on the corners, so I can now proceed. Anyway, I have a Grandson that inspects (and admires) every quilt that I make, and he always says..."Grandma...if they don't want that one, I'll take it". Well, he looked at the red and black one and said "Grandma, if they don't want that one, I don't want it either". Guess I'm not the only one...lol!

Teen 07-13-2019 04:28 PM

Lol...priceless, granky. Very discerning young man... He knows what he likes....and dislikes. Lol..

I started cutting fabric for my WH...😜

granky 07-13-2019 04:50 PM

I'll be glad when I can start on mine...I know what I want to do....but sometimes my imagination gets ahead of my ability to transform that imagination into reality...but I think I can manage this one....I hope.....

Linny 07-13-2019 05:04 PM

Grandkids can be so funny. I love their candor. It's really refreshing (most of the time) lol!
I started sewing. Recently I saw a mini quilt I like. The pattern is called periwinkle...fairly old pattern, but is done with
all kinds of fabrics and can really change the looks depending on your choices. Lately I think I've lost the ability to pick colors that go well together so I picked up a few compatibles to make it easier. Thought about scrappy too. I love scrappy. Rumbols, hope your healing process moves along nicely.

Rumbols 07-17-2019 05:44 AM

Thanks everyone for their comments on my hand recovery. I am doing well. Doctor gave me the all clear to do what I want now. I have one finger tip that is playing at being asleep and tingles are the only sensation. And one finger that refuses to straighten out (long middle). Otherwise, I have my hands back!!!
I have completed my wall hanging and letting Rhonda know. Good luck with all of yours.

Teen 07-17-2019 05:11 PM

Oh gracious, Rumbols!! Finished already? I've cut everything out but I haven't been able to sew a lot...I'm picking out pretties for my new home but hope to start it in the coming weeks.

Rumbols 07-17-2019 06:47 PM

Teen, as I am limited to not picking up anything over 5 pounds for three months (it has only been one), I can't do house work, dishes, etc. So I sew when I can. Besides, I had the pattern traced on fusible web before my surgery. The hardest part was picking up the iron. Now I am back to working on Christmas gifts. Teen, good luck with your wall hanging.

granky 07-22-2019 04:51 PM

Red and Black is all pieced! Not quilted, but the top is now together...won't start quilting it until next week, so I can work on my wall hanging! There are two that I'm torn between, so have done a bit on both, thinking I could make up my mind that way but that didn't work so I'll have to do a bit more on each one...hmmmm....maybe I'll end up finishing both? Then I'll have a problem with which to send. I'm afraid one is going to end up being much larger than I intended (I seldom use a pattern so most of mine are done by the seat of my pants and sometimes they are a surprise even to me!)...but at least with two I'll have a choice......

WheezyBreezy 07-26-2019 11:14 PM

Hi. New swapper here. I'm thinking this could be fun! I'm going to do my best to get my name on the "ready to mail" list. I already have an idea, fabrics selected, and have started cutting.

granky 07-28-2019 04:35 AM

Welcome to the swap WheezyBreezy! I'm sure others will be here to welcome you too...they are probably busy with their projects. Right now I'm sort of in a 'shall I start over?' stage...not quite satisfied with my beginning...but not dissatisfied enough to toss it....