Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-oct-2019-wall-hanging-swap-t305530.html)

Teen 07-31-2019 03:34 PM

That is really cool, Sewpieceful..... Unique and new...love it..

Welcome Boop....let her rip, girl. We will love whatever you create. You have plenty of time to play....just have fun.

Just returned from Calif and I'm hoping to start sewing this weekend. It's all cut and ready.....fingers crossed it looks like what is in my head..lol..

skaduzy 08-01-2019 04:59 AM

Lots of ideas going through my head but I haven't grabbed one out yet. I'm leaning towards a pattern I've wanted to try with a cat in it.
That process Sewpieceful is trying is very interesting. I've never heard of it before but can't wait to see her results.
Glad to see some new names. This is such a fun swap. Teen, Can't wait to see what you come up with :thumbup:
I need to get started!

granky 08-02-2019 04:31 AM

Skaduzy...hope you decide on the cat theme...would love to see it...but then, I like cats. Don't have one, but really like them.

Welcome back Boop56...wondered why you left...

Teen...well, mine didn't turn out the way it was in my head....haven't decided exactly what to do yet...start over????? Go with what I have???? Will decide later, I suppose....guess I could post a picture, but you ladies are always so supportive (which is great, don't think I don't appreciate it!) that I'm afraid I might think the thing is better than it is. It isn't quilted yet...that might help it a bit.....

Teen 08-09-2019 12:41 PM

Oh...so sorry granky you's aren't pleased with your creation....I'm sure it's lovely...we are so hard on ourselves...

I started sewing mine today...Didn't get very far...trying to decide size.... I'll share when I have more to show..

Teen 08-11-2019 11:20 AM

Working on WH today....sandwiched and ready to machine applique and quilt...add some embellishments...I really like it...I hope you guys do too.

granky 08-11-2019 01:44 PM

Teen...everything you make is beautiful....how could we not like it?

Teen 08-13-2019 05:40 PM

Granky....thank you...that is sweet to say....but I've made mega floppers before...hopefully, not this one ..:D

I finished my WH and letting Rhonda know I'm ready to mail.... Will post picture tmo when the light is better...:o

Teen 08-14-2019 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is... Since I had a bunch of hexi's left from my hexi quilt, I used the scraps from that quilt to make this. This was inspired by a Wendy Williams pattern...she used wool circles and heavy hand embroidery.... I used hexi's and added a swing with my signature mini quilt embellishment. Lol.. This is 13 X 33.... I think this would look so cute over a door... Still need to add a sleeve, which I've never done but it's ready otherwise. I hope you like it....

granky 08-14-2019 11:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Teen...I love your WH...but I think this is really strange...since I'm not going to use either of these I'm going to post pics...they didn't turn out as I planned, but I think it's a bit strange that we both had a swing...do great minds think alike? Lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616062[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]616063[/ATTACH]

Teen 08-14-2019 11:16 AM

Thanks, granky!! Yes, indeed, great minds!! I almost did a tire swing then changed my mind. Too funny! and, I like your WH'ings... Very pretty!!