Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July to Oct 2020 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-oct-2020-wall-hanging-swap-t311585.html)

Annaquilts 08-01-2020 07:48 PM

Thank you Teen! I found something looking at a blog. It will be a Fall wall hanging. I am super excited about it eventhough right now I am sitting in the middle of a heat wave. Maybe I better not send a picture to my friend.

Teen 08-04-2020 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh...awesome, Anna...You are so welcome. I surf designer blogs all the time for inspiration. I have a stack of free project patterns I have yet to get to. However, I did make this cute little 8" pillow this week.....a free download from Kimberbell Creations website....lovely little break to create something cute, quickly. Looking forward to seeing what you create.. I love my Easter Wallhanging you made a couple of swaps ago...

It's hot here, too. We hit 107 a couple of days ago. Thought I was back in Calif. lol!! Be safe..

Rhonda 08-06-2020 10:34 AM

Teen what is a designer blog? Just curious!

Teen 08-07-2020 06:07 PM

Rhonda... Quilt and fabric designers typically host their own blog highlighting their new collections and pattern designs. Many post a new blog post everyday like a quilter's diary....many share free patterns or provide links where you can get them... Here are a few to puruse...

Red Pepper Quilts
Diary of a Quilter
Cluck Cluck Sew

Annaquilts 08-19-2020 10:48 AM

Picture of my Wall Hanging

1 Attachment(s)
I got creative and ended up changing the pattern and making the wall hanging larger. Who is ready for some cooler Fall weather and pretty leaves?

MarionsQuilts 08-22-2020 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is all done ... i was trying to use up some of my batiks, and trying out a new pattern combo ...

I "birthed" this wall hanging, and I am not going to quilt it LOL ... I don't have a clue how to quilt it, so I am going to leave it up to the person who gets it, to do their own quilting!

I am also enclosing some surprise blocks!!!!

Hope the recipient doesn't mind doing their own quilting on this - it's not big at all - 29X24

Marion

On another note - is there an easier way to attach a picture other than "manage attachments"? We used to be able to use a button in the menu at the top of the box, but I can't figure it out anymore

Annaquilts 08-22-2020 02:21 PM

That is a sweet wall hanging Marion. You are inspiring me to maybe make something with batiks in the near future. Very pretty.

Teen 08-22-2020 08:37 PM

Anna....your maple leaf is so pretty. That block is on my bucket list.... Turned out awesome!

Marion......gorgeous!! Love the colors and layout... Looks amazing...

I finished the top and sandwiched it today. I used 1930's and one of my all-time favorite fabrics together. I'm tempted to make me one. I do this every Swap....lol..... I'll post picture when done cuz the binding is cool too... Quilting it tomorrow...

Annaquilts 08-23-2020 12:49 PM

Thank you Teen! I would love to see what you are working on. I know what you mean, I now want to make a leaf wall hanging for myself too. I do not have any more of the border fabric I used and I think that really added to the wall hanging. Hopefully you can post a picture of your work in progress. You always make amazing wall hangings.

Teen 08-24-2020 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You are a sweetheart, Anna. Thank you! Everyone is so creative on this Swap..I love playing with you guys....lol..

Here is my bright and cheery..oh it makes me smile..Wallhanging.....lol...however; This really is dual purpose cuz I think it would be adorable as a table topper. 30" square.... Nonetheless, I've added the sleeve so the recipient has an option.... I used 1930's fabric and one of my fav Loralie Designs fabric for the border. Hey Anna....the PP house patterns were a free download from a designer blog...lol... See? Free stuff everywhere...