Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-october-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t267058.html)

ube quilting 09-07-2015 12:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay buddies, Here is something you don't see everyday.

It always happens this way. Just after bed time when I was all cozy and starting a restful night, DH and I had a visitor and after an hour visit, left in an unconventional way.

It showed very good taste when it decided to rest on my bunny quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]530053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530054[/ATTACH]

It was a most amazing visit. The little one was flying around the bedroom entertaining us with amazing acrobatics. It dodged us many times as we stood there in awe of this little creatures abilities to avoid us.

We turned the room lights out and the outside lights on, opened the windows and removed the screens. Eventually the little bat made the window hole and was gone in the night after DH caught it in a bucket and put it out the window.

This is the first year in about the last three that we are seeing bats again. We have counted 6 this year. I am so very happy they are making a return.

Hope you are not too afraid of them.
peace

ube quilting 09-07-2015 01:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My next chapter is about moving my sewing table upstairs to the living room. The cutting, ironing and design wall will remain downstairs.
I decided to do this when I realized I was just plain avoiding going to the studio after work because I am so tired after a long day. Now I can walk through my door and the the sewing table is right in front of me and I can do all the household work like cooking and cleaning and still be near my sewing.

Here is the new sewing wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]530055[/ATTACH]

The current project. Wait till you see what this is going to be!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]530056[/ATTACH]

This is the next project. Some of the fabric (1/4 yds) is washed in a pillowcase, hung on the line inside out and sprayed with my home made starch. it will dry and then I will steam iron it to remove wrinkles. I get a nice stiff fabric to work with this way
[ATTACH=CONFIG]530058[/ATTACH]

I had to show something that is quilting related even though not the swap piece, yet!

Make your week a good one.
peace

JNCT14 09-08-2015 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow loved your visitor, Ube. I love bats. They are the reason I can sit on my back dek and not get eaten by mosquitos.

So here is my finished swap top. I need opinions because this one was a struggle. I converted the pattern from a paper pieced one and what I thought would be easy, was not. Not only that, as usual, I managed to clip off some of the points on the triangles.

So the question is, is this good enough for the swap? I hate work that is not 100%, especially with all the talented quilters on this swap, but the top is pretty. I am just sad that some of the points are missing.

Let me know and I can do another top instead.

ube quilting 09-08-2015 12:39 PM

It is gorgeous, J. Oh my, just gorgeous. Now go ahead and make another one just for me.:D It's a log cabin block, right? and two rows have the extra background piece added to it. I can do that! Four with three rounds big and the rest with two. How cool. The layout is terrific.

I wouldn't worry about missing points. There are no perfect flowers, they are all individually unique.

I would call it a desert rose.
peace

JNCT14 09-08-2015 05:22 PM

Thanks ube! I can send you directions if you want. Its easy, I just wish my piecework was better. I will layer and quilt it this week-probably stitch in the ditch to outline the design.

Anoka Quilter 09-08-2015 07:02 PM

Beautiful WH JCT14. We are always out worse critics.

Rhonda 09-08-2015 07:37 PM

Love it J it is so beautiful! I don't see anything wrong with it!

MarionsQuilts 09-09-2015 03:07 PM

Love that visitor Ube!

J - that is gorgeous, I wouldn't even attempt that (yet LOL) nothing is perfect - it's done by hand, it's impossible!!!

JNCT14 09-09-2015 03:14 PM

Glad everyone likes it, one of you will get it! :) started quilting it this morning. ...

ube quilting 09-20-2015 09:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
My good fortune to attend a quilt show on Saturday. Best in Show!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531152[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531154[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531155[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531156[/ATTACH]

It was a really nice show and I always enjoy it. Seeing OPQs gives me renewed perspective on my work and challenges me to be more creative with every attempt I make doing the thing I love most.

peace