Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-2011-doll-quilt-swap-t124322.html)

jillnjo 07-05-2011 06:40 PM

A great little DQ!! And not an easy pattern, either. I'm impressed with your blue and yellow mariner's compass!!

Linny 07-06-2011 12:29 AM

The Mariner Star is beautiful and perfect to build your room re-do around. Nice job, LittleRoO.

Little RoO 07-06-2011 05:38 AM

It was a real pleasure sending my dolls quilt to pnptrapp..such a lovely family person...and I had a wonderful quilt from her.
Doing the dolls quilt swop is such fun because it gives me a real chance to try something new. Loved doing the Mariners compass...took me ages to work out the pieces but got there in the end...

QuiltnCowgirl 07-06-2011 07:06 AM

Oh how I wish I had picked up my mail last night instead of this morning! The DQ from my partner, Nancy in Louisiana was there & now I have to wait until tonight to take a picture to show you the beautiful quilt she made! Great colors, great design, great quilting! I brought it into the office so I can show it off to my co-worker.

I'll be back this evening to post pics. She received my quilt over the weekend, so I hope she posts pics soon. If not by tonight maybe I'll post pictures of both.

Nancy in Louisiana 07-06-2011 09:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And here it is!! Didn't Quilting Cowgirl do a fantastic job on this little quilt. I LOVE it. The fabric is very "summer-y" . The center reminds me of those little fruit flavored jel slices we used to buy. Thanks for a great quilt and some great memories. Also thanks for the fatquarters and the "Chicken Soup" book. It was great being your partner, and I look forward to swapping again.

QuiltnCowgirl 07-06-2011 09:12 AM

Thanks for posting pictures, Nancy! I am so glad that you like it. I will say over & over that this is my favorite to date. I am not exagerating when I say I almost kept it lol. I enjoy these swaps so much. They challenge me to try new things & I love "meeting" my partners & making new aquaintances across the miles.

I'll definitely be posting pictures tonight of the beautiful dq you sent me. :D

jillnjo 07-06-2011 09:30 AM

A wonderful quilt! I love the design and colors. They are such fun to create and I enjoy all your pictures!

Chele 07-06-2011 11:01 AM

What beauties I have seen so far! This group is so talented!

DBrooks 07-06-2011 11:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Here's the darling DQ I received from jillnjo. I LOVE it. Nancy, how did you know I love birds? Seems like all the pictures I have around my house have birds in them, so this will fit in perfectly. Thank you. Thank you. This has been so much fun. I even got some fabric to play with. Nancy is a great partner!

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221856[/ATTACH]

Detail - love the applique and colors!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221857[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221859[/ATTACH]

978gray 07-06-2011 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
According to the USPS, my partner received her little quilt last week. Here is a picture of it.

Polka Dots sent to Kathy N
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221861[/ATTACH]