Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-2011-doll-quilt-swap-t124322.html)

cjaye44 07-01-2011 11:45 AM

I'm just now getting around to seeing all the quilts for June. I haven't been on the board too much lately. It's been so terribly hot and dry here all month with no rain. In the middle of the month there was a fire here in Seminole caused by heat lightning. It destroyed over 1500 acres of woodlands and took 6 days to contain. I didn't have to evacuate but my house and car reeked of smoke and there was a fine layer of ash on the car and cinders in the front yard. Scary stuff!!! We continued having heat lightning strikes all around so I unplugged my machines and the computer just to be on the safe side.
Now that I have seen June's quilts I'd like to say how beautiful they all are :thumbup: . So many unusual and creative ideas that just burst with talent. I would be proud to display any one of them!! Thank you, Chele, for starting this and keeping it alive.

TammyB 07-01-2011 12:15 PM

More wonderful DQs. You are all so talented!

jljack 07-01-2011 01:01 PM

karielt should have the quilt I sent her by now. Hoping to hear from her. She sent same day, so I might have hers in the mail when I get home. Crossing my fingers.

Everyone's little quilts are just so nice this month!! They get better and better!!

eagleoneowl2u2 07-01-2011 02:23 PM

I got my wonderful doll quilt yesterday from Gramabiese and it was beautiful. I will post a pic asap. Thanks Ruth so much!!!!!

Needlegrammy 07-01-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by AKDaffyodil
I received my little quilt from Migrubbs today! It is so beautiful. Soft colors and scrappy....I love it! Thank you so much Mary!
She also sent a pillow panel of a Sunbonnet girl with a kitty.
So cute!

Mary, You did a great job on your DQ .Love the colors.

Blue Bell 07-01-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by cjaye44
Thanks to all for your compliments on my quilt. I enjoyed working on it and am so glad it brightened up the day for Pat. It was one of the blocks from a pattern called Sitting Pretty published by That Patchwork Place. I'm afraid I'm just not that creative on my own. The whole wall quilt is 38" x 44" and is on my to do list.

I will be looking for this pattern. Thanks for the info.

Lynnie25 07-01-2011 06:59 PM

Wow, just looked through the last few pages and saw the beautiful little quilts - everyone is getting so creative.

I hope OKDarla gets my DQ soon - is the postal strike over in the US yet?

sammygirlqt 07-01-2011 07:41 PM

Hi all, I finally found all the beautiful doll quilts. I was on page #1 and couldn't get past Dotty's cherry sunday, lol! The quilts are just beautiful.

Keep checking back, Carron and I have a surprise coming soooon. Canada had a postal strike

Chele 07-02-2011 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anglars sent me an adorable birthday cake quilt for my birthday month. It's so cute and has lots of detail and embellishments. I love it! Thanks again Angy!

Linny 07-02-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Anglars sent me an adorable birthday cake quilt for my birthday month. It's so cute and has lots of detail and embellishments. I love it! Thanks again Angy!

Oh, that is so cute.....love it!