Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   'June Bug' 2.5” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’ swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-bug-2-5%94-oh-sew-sweet-%91candy%92-swap-t263980.html)

sewbizgirl 06-18-2015 09:57 AM

If I need HSTs to piece with full 2.5" squares, I just sew two together diagonally and trim off the excess so I still end up with a 2.5" HST. I save those trimmings as bonus triangles which can later make more (smaller) HSTs. They are really cute in mug rugs!

mrshalibut 06-18-2015 04:23 PM

Sheri, can you give us an eta on the candies?

SheriR 06-18-2015 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut (Post 7231161)
Sheri, can you give us an eta on the candies?

Aaaaaaaasss a matter of fact....... They all went out in today's mail!!!!! :D I swapped them yesterday. My poooor tired daughter was "resting" on the couch and thought I shouldn't turn the light on. So. I swapped with a flashlight when the sun started going down! LoL..... Then. I realized I'd taken all my packing tape to my other daughters for moving, so hubby made an emergency trip to the store!! Let me know when they start rolling in! :D and message me if I made any gross mistakes. I was thrilled when the batiks all counted correctly in the end. Because I started taping packages closed as I filled each one. It feels good to be done. :D

jaba 06-18-2015 06:32 PM

Awesome, I'm so looking forward to receiving them!!! Thanks for all your work for us, I know it takes a lot of time.

sewbizgirl 06-18-2015 08:52 PM

Thank you, Sheri! I'll holler when my package arrives....

happylab 06-19-2015 05:32 AM

Thank-you Sheri!!!! I will et you know when I receive my candy. So excited. I need to get a move on and decide what quilt top to make from all my swaps. Decisions, decisions, the fun part of quilting.
Happy sewing and quilting everyone!

bjsmith57 06-19-2015 07:14 AM

Thanks for the update Sheri.

kele 06-20-2015 08:07 AM

Received my candies this morning! Thanks to all who swapped. Most especially, thank you to SheriR for being such a great hostess! The "extras" are wonderful. Very much appreciated.

SheriR 06-20-2015 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kele (Post 7232778)
Received my candies this morning! Thanks to all who swapped. Most especially, thank you to SheriR for being such a great hostess! The "extras" are wonderful. Very much appreciated.

So happy their rolling in! I decided to whip up a fast mini in honor of my Florida trip where I purchased the "thank you" candy. :D it's roughly 15.5" square, the little 9 patches I cut each 1.8" to finish at 2.5" 9Patches. Kinda cute, I think. :D

kele 06-20-2015 09:08 AM

SheriR - Wonderful mini! Such teeny, tiny piecing! Love the colors/fabrics and scrappy border.

I have decided to put some of these candies to use in a Split Nine Patch, pattern by Bonnie Hunter on Quiltville. Spent the morning looking through the swap candies and putting all the low volume together. Such wonderful fabrics, so many I have never seen before. So much fun!