Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June fat quarter {fq} swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-fat-quarter-%7Bfq%7D-swap-t222809.html)

sunrise450 06-19-2013 04:50 AM

I probably missed it but has the next swap been decided? Seems something was said about 30's, or holidays? Or was I just wishfull thinking?

ljdugas31 06-19-2013 05:06 AM

yes 30's for july cant wait.

Elisabrat 06-19-2013 06:01 AM

BUT I DONT OWN ANY 30's!! shoot guess that is one month I will have to watch and wish instead of playing.

MaryMo 06-19-2013 07:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Lucky me ..... first 'cause I received the best FQs this month and the pictures uploaded/downloaded finally!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419939[/ATTACH]
This bright and lovely group came from Jvan228 .... love the way she folded them and how they managed to stay folded in the transit to me!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]419940[/ATTACH]
and this set came from RetiredFireChief .... all wrapped so pretty in ribbon. Look at all those stars .... I couldn't be happier than a bee in a field of clover!

Thank you swappers! This month has been so much fun and now I'm ready to make a wall hanging for July.
... and I'm looking forward to July's repro fabrics because I've never worked with those fabrics exclusively.

createfourpaws 06-19-2013 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6131158)
BUT I DONT OWN ANY 30's!! shoot guess that is one month I will have to watch and wish instead of playing.

I also will be on the bench with you Linda watching, as I don't do the 30's either. none in my stash and not my liking either.

jclinganrey 06-19-2013 09:59 AM

I'm excited about next months' swap! 30's reproductions - - - yeah!!! Isn't it great that we can all have different tastes??? That's one of the things I enjoy so much about quilting. We can be a diverse group and still get along. Hhhhmmm. . . . . if only the rest of the world were like quilters. . . . Jane

BDawn 06-19-2013 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WOOHOO!!!! I received my 2nd set yesterday and I am excited with the selection just look at my lovely FQ's the only regret is I do not know the Christine board name:( but didn't She do a great job? Look,look,look
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419969[/ATTACH]

MaryMo 06-19-2013 10:14 AM

Jane, I agree with you for the most part about the rest of the world were more like quilters, but I'm still stinging from a moment with the Chief of Quilt Police last night. She told I wasn't a true quilter or artist because my quilts did not contain a coordinating mixture of large print, medium print and various colors and hues combine into an organized design. I asked about the quality and value of Gee's Bend Quilters. Her nose went in the air and she turned and started talking to another person treating me as if I was not there ..... for the rest of the evening. She made sure I was also snubbed by others. Me being me did not walk away and acted as if I enjoyed the gathering. But today it stings and I will give none of those involved the time of day (or support for any of their activities) for a long, long time.

Elisabrat 06-19-2013 11:30 AM

WOW the Chief needs a setdown I think. That ain't right Marymo. I guess I am also a non true quilter because well I have made things without all three size patterns in them also. I think quilting is art. Anything you create that makes you happy is a work of art. period. So no no no that simply was wrong and I am sorry to hear what you had to go through. How embarrassing FOR HER to behave that way.

tubsfam 06-19-2013 02:03 PM

MaryMo, I think she was very rude. I just do what I like and what pleases my eye. If that's what a guild is like I'm glad I haven't joined one. Just do as you like and tell the police to bug off.