Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Mini Quilt swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-mini-quilt-swap-t278880.html)

Linny 06-14-2016 06:09 AM

Picked up my Mini from KLTQuilts (Katie) yesterday and it is awesome......some of the prettiest fabrics front and back, and the design and stitching is perfection. Thanks Katie. I will post a picture of it this evening.

KLTQuilts 06-14-2016 06:15 AM

Linny -I'm happy to hear it arrived to its destination (ha, ha, ha!) and you really like it. It was fun making the mini . . . and the "main" object is a staple for many of us (don't want to give away too much :D). I'd be happy to be your partner anytime . . . :o

Chasezzz 06-14-2016 09:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the kind words about the mini. My inspiration is the view from my balcony at our ocean place.

Linny 06-14-2016 01:02 PM

June Mini Quilt Swap

2 Attachment(s)
As promised, here is the Mini I received from KLTQuilts (Katie). The workmanship on this is exquisite. Thank you so much Katie. I love it!

lynnie 06-14-2016 04:38 PM

Chasezzz LOVE the mini you made!! Love the pictures of the sunset. Your work is spectacular!!! I wish i could paper piece. too difficult for me to figure out. Your work is out of this world!!!!

Linny Love the mini from KLT quilts. So summery, and excellent work .

JuneBillie 06-15-2016 06:41 AM

Two more pretties. Love all the pretty colors used.

My daughter in law wants me to make her and my son a sort of lap size quilt but a bit bigger and longer for their September Anniversary where they will be renewing their wedding vowels, and I just think I will make them some mug rugs to go with it and a tiny wall hanging to put in the camper trailer he is building himself. They have bigger ones, but he was set on one of those tear drop mini size trailers so they could travel across country with less weight to pull. He said he can make one just like them, but much cheaper. He built most of their house, garage tool shop building, chicken coop, and another building, and two other trailers that are bigger. He got all that from my dad, because dad has done the same in his lifetime.

I want to do the quilt in a whole cloth, and he wants the color army green. I don't envision that color too much. lol...but he doesn't like any frills. Any ideas??????

She has ordered a nice fabric she seen on Pinterest for some tiny curtains that look like camping trees, and I guess there must be a bit of army green in the fabric. I will be making it like a smallish comforter though. They want it that way, and then they can just roll it up and put a rope around it to hang on the inside when not in use. :)

KLTQuilts 06-15-2016 07:02 AM

I'm thinking on this one JuneBillie . . . of course, I'm "hooked" on appliqueing so my thoughts are centered around that theme. Such as camping trailers with little flag banners or trucks pulling a camper trailer putting along a roadway through the forest, etc. The appliques could be scattered around on various sized green blocks. Just a thought . . .

klaws 06-15-2016 01:10 PM

I'm finishing up my mini for UncleGravy and it will be in the mail tomorrow. I hope he likes what I made for him.

tlambing 06-15-2016 02:15 PM

My mini plans keep changing! Could someone make up my mind for me?

QuilterMomma 06-16-2016 07:33 AM

Well JuneBillie, to maybe give food for thought, on a wholecloth, you will need to mark that army green fabric, unless you have a quality light box, that is a challenge. Then to quilt it. What design theme for the wholecloth?
If a nice patchwork quilt, you could implement the army green, but add in the other features that your DIL is thinking of.