Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-mug-rug-swap-patriotic-colors-picnic-your-choice-t265561.html)

lynnie 06-01-2015 04:11 PM

got my partner. I had an idea and can't find the magazine I was looking for. now I need to rethink it. i'll work on it tomorrow or Wednesday. hopefully I can find it and get that same inspiration back. if not, new idea, here I come!!

TPr9258 06-01-2015 07:38 PM

Regm and I have made contact, now to decide what to do, wide open field when you have both as a option, glad to meet you Regm we are neighbors NJ and NY, and really only about 20 minutes driving to e between each other.

jaba 06-01-2015 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by TPr9258 (Post 7214005)
Regm and I have made contact, now to decide what to do, wide open field when you have both as a option, glad to meet you Regm we are neighbors NJ and NY, and really only about 20 minutes driving to e between each other.

You 2 should just meet for lunch and exchange packages, how fun would that be?

Robinlee 06-01-2015 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 7208929)
I believe you said "it only takes an hour"?? :) You know you want to join in the fun Lynnie...

That's what she told me too....

Robinlee 06-01-2015 08:11 PM

Well I gotta rethink my mugrug......��. Read their profile and found out a few things. I had this really cute embroidered birdhouse patriotic thingy planned, I guess it won't work. Good thing I won't be home to work on it till after Thursday, that will give me sometime to re-think. Maybe just a simple sampler block in patriotic fabrics will be enough.

Elisabrat 06-02-2015 04:23 AM

looking for ideas? what about pinterest.com I go there type in mug rug and patriotic and wham you get hundreds to look at .. the trouble there is for me.. how do you pick just one. you can type in applique quilt mug rug patriotic and you will see what I mean. or type in pieced mug rug quilt patriotic and you will get a bunch of other types if you want them to be sorted for you . some slip in but its a great place to find inspiration. just an idea. also go to google and search images for patriotic flags or patriotic skys and bam another bunch of stuff to look at .. how to spend your day in 2 easy seconds. I get stuck there so I try to avoid it when I can. :)

rwquilts 06-02-2015 05:48 AM

nhnative and I have been communicating and getting to know each other. That's one of the things I enjoy the most about our swapping...getting to know another quilter a bit better. :) I will take a peek at Pinterest Linda, as I know they have amazing ideas and I go there quite frequently. Happy quilting everyone! My partner and I are sending Patriotic mug rugs...I bought some adorable fabrics last week at Craft Warehouse...love, love, love that store! Unfortunately, it's 3 hours away so I rarely go there...

dfelker 06-02-2015 11:00 AM

Heard from my partner and to pinterest I will go!! We are doing patriotic.

nhnative 06-02-2015 11:34 AM

I have heard from my partner rwquilts and now to get sewing

lynnie 06-02-2015 02:14 PM

got my idea and partner. mine will be off kilter compared to everyone else's.
got some communication between my partner and myself. She sounds like a great partner.
Will work on the mugrug tomorrow. Want to finish some of my hexes tonight.
I hope some of you do some funky things. can't wait to see what's coming in.