Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-mug-rug-swap-patriotic-colors-picnic-your-choice-t265561.html)

sewbizgirl 06-02-2015 05:39 PM

My partner and I are swapping patriotic too... I got mine done today but will hold it and work on something else to include. Mailing later. Very excited.

Podunk Princess 06-02-2015 07:29 PM

I haven't heard back from my partner yet but saw that she posted earlier that she wanted to do picnic. Hopefully that hasn't changed since I'm going to go ahead and get started on her mug rug anyway. I don't want to get too far behind just in case something comes up later in the month that will require my attention. I've got the perfect fabric lined up and will start sewing in the morning. This is going to be fun!

regm 06-03-2015 02:34 AM

Sorry but 20 minutes won't do it to get from Rochester NY to New Jersey. I'm at the west edge of Lake Ontario but it would be cool to get together.

Elisabrat 06-03-2015 06:29 AM

Glad to hear that some of you have reached your partners or at least reached out to them! I hope they respond and also hope that you hold tight to your mug rug in case they go missing and then you can swap with another partner here who is stuck in the same boat. I know that would be awful but at least your not left holding the.. mug rug! :)

I would love to see sneak peaks of the fabrics your pulling... I have been pondering what everyone will make. Rest assured Lynnie there will be traditional then there will be surprise ones that might not have been thought of before. a patriotic cat? or a picnic for birds? who knows what comes up and the ideas amaze me. I am sure they are amazing to all of you too. I LOVE the fabrics picked its like a I want some of this moment for me and I need some of that .. inspiring? yes yes they are.

lynnie 06-03-2015 07:48 AM

am planning on doing mine tomorrow too many things and commitments for me today
to even think about it. Running out right now. have a great day all.

Whigrose 06-03-2015 08:44 AM

Woot, woot! My partner Chocolate Lynn and I have connected. She is a new to quilting and this is her first swap. I suggested she pop on over, say "hello" and give a little intro. I know you'll all give her a huge QB welcome.

And on a side note, which of you little stinkers played with the points on the block during the night, eh? <giggle>

Best,
deb in Maine

jaba 06-03-2015 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a wonderful surprise in the mail that I need to share with all of you. KLTQuilts sent me this beautiful gift so I wouldn't miss out on having a mugrug. She made my day with this floral friendship piece of art ! I'm eating the gummy treats as I type, never had them before but they are really good....thanks Katie just what I need. Thank you so much for being such a thoughtful lady[ATTACH=CONFIG]521425[/ATTACH]

snownannie 06-03-2015 09:47 AM

Heard from my swap partner Jan Rutherford. Now to get busy on my mug rug.

KLTQuilts 06-03-2015 10:19 AM

You are most welcome Jaba! So happy you like it as well as those questionable "gummies" :thumbup:

KLTQuilts 06-03-2015 10:21 AM

Lynnie - I have your mug rug started . . . and will post a sneak picture of the fabric later today . . . I don't think you would envision this picnic treat??????