Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-pincushion-needlecase-swap-signup-ends-may-31-a-t265619.html)

klaws 05-25-2015 08:44 AM

June Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Signup Ends May 31

PLEASE NOTE: This will now be a partner swap instead of a secret swap. You will make one SET (1 pc and 1 nc) for your partner. All skill levels welcome!

THEME: This month the theme with be Food. Think fruit, vegetables, sweets, etc.

CONSTRUCTION:

1. The cushion/case does NOT have to be quilted or hand embroidered, although it can be. But it must be handmade - not purchased.
2. Use cotton or wool felt for the pincushions and stuff with appropriate filling. Use cotton or felt for the needle case, and it should have an insert of wool, felt, or Warm and Natural (this is great for needle cases).
3. Embellishments/appliqué/embroidery are welcome but not required. If you plan on using the cushion/case as a daily use item please mention this, as polyester will dull the points of pins and needles.
4. The size and shape of the pincushion/needle case is up to the individual creating it, but should not be smaller than 3” x 3”.

SIGNUP:
Signup begins today and ends on May 31 at 11:00 pm EST. This is a firm closing time. Please send me a PM with your screen name, real name, email address and phone number. This is for my information only. Partners will be assigned no later than the morning of June 2nd and posted here on the thread. I will not be sending PMs to everyone. You are encouraged to contact your partner asap.

MAILING DATE:
The deadline for mailing is
Monday, June 22. Participants in the May swap who did not fulfill their obligation by the time the June signup closes will not be able to participate in this swap. You are required to PM me with your tracking number when you ship. You are required to have a tracking number on your package but priority mail is not required. First class with a tracking number is acceptable. If for some reason you will not be able to fulfill your obligation, please PM me as soon as possible so that I can locate a swap angel.

YOU MUST SEND ME A PM WHEN YOU SHIP AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE. Remember to thank your partner, either by a post, or a PM for a personal thank you. It would be nice if you report a feedback score. Pictures are encouraged, but not required. We all love seeing what everyone is receiving. Please understand that this board has members with different skill levels and you will not necessarily be swapping with someone at the same level. Let's love the creation we are sent. We all started somewhere and the most important thing to remember, is that your partner made it with you in mind!

EXTRAS:
Please add a card or note with your name and board name. It is not necessary to send other items such as needles, pins, etc., but you may if you would like. Just make sure the pin points will not poke out during shipping and stab the postal worker.

SHOULD YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE PM ME IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, and enjoy this swap.

Jan Rutherford 05-25-2015 10:15 AM

YIPEE...SIGN ME Up for JUNE!!!

lawsonmugs 05-25-2015 11:04 AM

I'm in too Jan. We maybe be each others partner. Fine with me. LOL. I think we maybe the only ones that found the link so far.

Patchesnposies 05-25-2015 12:21 PM

I am here! I am in too!

lynnie 05-25-2015 01:15 PM

isn't all the information about the swap on page one???

JuneBillie 05-25-2015 01:21 PM

I won't be in.

klaws 05-25-2015 01:31 PM

I deleted a lot of information since this is for a partner swap now instead of a secret swap. All the information can be traded between partners.

cuppy 05-25-2015 01:33 PM

Count me in!

ctyankee 05-25-2015 01:58 PM

I'm in for this month, too!

FabQuilter 05-25-2015 06:52 PM

I'm in! New at this but so looking forward to creating a special set for a fellow quilter.