Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Postcard Swap - Wacky Holidays (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-postcard-swap-wacky-holidays-t288218.html)

CookieZenmilk 06-21-2017 03:46 PM

lovngrandma, lots of detail on your card! love it so far.

travelinggramma 06-21-2017 04:55 PM

The corn is too cute. Love the thread on the sewing machine. And both patriotic cards are over the top. You all push the car high

SheriR 06-24-2017 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow (Post 7848116)
I was finally able to drop my postcard in the mail today, so it should be arriving shortly!
And, I just realized I don't think I took a photo of the completed card (I did part way through, but then changed it).

I found your post card on the counter this morning! Hubby said it arrived YESTERDAY! It's adorably fun. Thanks Sleepy Hollow, I love it. :D

Armylady2012 06-25-2017 09:59 AM

SheriR what a creative FPC from Sleepy Hollow.

K-Roll 06-25-2017 11:18 AM

My, my, "name your poison day" - !!! Gorgeous flag day cards...& the sewing machine is so beautifully done, I love it.

Miz Melly, your card will be mailed tomorrow ASAP - it's ready, it's done, and it's going out come hell or high water.
Vacation + houseguests + indecision do not a swift card make...so sorry for the delay.
Here's a hint: my card is burning, like your weather there in AZ!

MizMelly 06-25-2017 12:08 PM

I'll be looking for it!! The "burn" is a little less than it was earlier in the week, only 113 today!! We'll be a tad below 110 by Wednesday!!

CookieZenmilk 06-25-2017 03:36 PM

wow, i can't even imagine temps that high. how do u protect yourself?

MizMelly 06-25-2017 04:31 PM

Well, as far as tolerating the heat, to a certain extent, you get used to it. The rest of the time is spent hibernating indoors with A/C. Some homes have what we call a piggy-back system of a swamp cooler and A/C. I wish I had the swamper, although they are a pain to take care of every year. In June when the heat is high and the humidity and dewpoint aren't, a swamp cooler works great. Not so much in July and August when it's imperative to switch over to A/C.

Sleepy Hollow 06-25-2017 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by MizMelly (Post 7851502)
I'll be looking for it!! The "burn" is a little less than it was earlier in the week, only 113 today!! We'll be a tad below 110 by Wednesday!!

We "only" hit 109 here today in the PNW! Days like today, I don't miss my old job at all (maintenance electrician). With my new job (not electrician, but still "in the field") I don't have to work outside as often, and when I do, it's normally in short bursts.

Growing up, we didn't have ac, so we would set up a little three or four foot tall pool in the yard and pretty much live in it all summer. I was a tow-head so my hair would turn a nice shade of green.

Sleepy Hollow 06-25-2017 09:54 PM

Loving all the cards this month. I like to see how each person interprets a day and all the different ideas and creative outcomes.