Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t178942.html)

Judith1005 03-02-2012 06:38 PM

Tina, LuvMyAsh, Is my February partner and has been sick. I'm sure she'll get back with you.

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5026062)
Lvmyash - clean out your mail box!!!

Donna, if you don't get a response in a week, we'll get your partnered with someone else.

Lori Peercy 03-02-2012 07:54 PM

This is my first time with doll quilt, if it is applique does it need to be sewed down?

Muv 03-03-2012 01:37 AM

Goldsberry -Gosh that was quick! Fabulous Easter quilt. It looks like sumptuous vestments!
Krystyna , IT'S LENT. PUT THAT QUILT AWAY. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EVEN LOOK AT IT UNTIL EASTER SUNDAY.

mooretll 03-03-2012 01:55 AM

Lori, I would say no need to sew down.
Still no response from my partner, Maybe today?

Krystyna 03-03-2012 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 5026321)
Tina, LuvMyAsh, Is my February partner and has been sick. I'm sure she'll get back with you.

So sorry to hear she has been sick. I know she has sent a lot of lovely quilts over the last few months. Hoping she will be back and well soon.

Krystyna 03-03-2012 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 5026514)
This is my first time with doll quilt, if it is applique does it need to be sewed down?

Lori, you can do whatever you want to do. I'd guess you could staple it on if you really wanted to! :shock:
Haven't seen that technique yet.

Krystyna 03-03-2012 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll (Post 5026846)
Still no response from my partner, Maybe today?

I hope she is OK. I am so worried about everyone who has be in a tornado and storm area in these last few days.

jillnjo 03-03-2012 06:10 AM

Just reading about the tornados and all the destruction, I have never been afraid in stormy weather, but last year, and now the start of a new tornado season like this past week, makes me anxious during WINDY weather. Our daughter just started home from the Keys this morning and I'm praying they will be spared severe weather and return home safely. 6 of my sweet grands are in the van, and I'm ready to hug them again... at least the ones that will let me;).

mooretll 03-03-2012 10:17 AM

yes Krystina, I hope she is ok to. Ga is really catching the bad part of the weather today. Tornados all thru south Ga. You Ladies be safe. I am hoping we miss the worst of it here in Tallahassee.
On another note: I GOT THE JOB!! I start in two weeks. Now to type up my notice.

Krystyna 03-03-2012 10:29 AM

Diana, congratulations! That is wonderful news about the new job.

I am praying that those tornadoes will pass Tallahassee by. We've been watching the news and it is so heartbreaking to see towns just gone.

On a happier note - I just finished one of my doll quilts. This one was really out of my comfort zone, but that's why these swaps are so terrific. You get to learn and experiment with new techniques.

Just re-read my note to Lvmyash and it really looked harsh - which wasn't my intention, so if anyone else took it that way, I apologize sincerely. Especially to Lvmyash.