Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t178942.html)

jillnjo 03-09-2012 05:23 PM

The batiks blend beautifully in the little quilt! Great job!

sammygirlqt 03-09-2012 06:09 PM

I have just browsed through the beautiful DQ for March. Just beautiful and some spring inspiration. I am still working on mine but it will be finished this week. Great work everyone.

Dragonfly Nana 03-09-2012 06:38 PM

I love the themes for the next two months. Of course they are always optional, but I think it will be fun to try them. We have such a creative group.

Needlegrammy 03-09-2012 07:43 PM

Dotty , That is too cute!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

mooretll 03-10-2012 04:06 AM

Very nice Melissa you did a great job!!

JauntyMelissa 03-10-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5045585)
Guess what the post office delivered today? The very first doll quilt made by Jaunty Melissa - and it's all mine!
While the picture was taken on my board, I chose to hang it from the point with the green and pink strips at the bottom. Man it looks good on my wall! Thanks so much JM...yours is on the way.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318517[/ATTACH]

you are so very welcome and yup its all yours!!!!!! krystyna and i went to joannes before i knew what fabric's you liked, but i was very drawn to the batiks and i love them soo much and think that they are all so pretty and jaunty looking!!!!! and i love how you hanged it... truthfully i never thought of looking at it that way, but it looks soo much cooler!!!!!!!!!

Tulip 03-10-2012 02:33 PM

Finished up my DQ for Tildiemae, will ship out on Monday, I hope she likes it!:o
So many lovelies coming in, I admire everyones creativity and sense of style!
My label went to war with the lite steam a seam sometime during the night and it looks like a glue bath on the back of the quilt where I attached the label. I do not have any of the adhesive iron cleaner (that will change right quick!!! :mad:) Any suggestions??? If not, thought I might heat 'er up again and turn my DG loose with some glitter... only kidding tildiemae
.:D:D I never could handle anything with glue or sticky stuff, even ate the paste in kindergarten.This is another valid argument to buying a embroidery machine don't you think???

kwiltkrazy 03-10-2012 02:34 PM

Love the "Jaunty" little batik swirl quilt. Great job JauntyMelissa.

Krystyna 03-10-2012 02:36 PM

Awwww, Tulip! Bummer and a half. So sorry. And yes, an excellent reason to buy an embroidery machine!!!

Krystyna 03-10-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 5048133)
Love the "Jaunty" little batik swirl quilt. Great job JauntyMelissa.

I am soooo proud of my in house fledgling quilter. She is doing such a fabulous job!