Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

lauriejo 03-07-2014 06:25 AM

Okay everyone we need to come up with a theme for June since lynnie has finished her May pincushions. So far we have pastels or Easter for April and floral for May. I want the themes to be flexible enough that no one has to go out and buy special fabric (although you certainly are allowed to if you would like :thumbup:) June is my dad's birthday and father's day so I thought about dad as a theme. Thinking that it could be anything that reminds you of your dad; his favorite hobby, favorite color, plaid shirts he always wears. That is just one suggestion, I would love to hear yours!

lawsonmugs 03-07-2014 06:57 AM

That's what I like to hear Lauriejo,permission to go buy more fabrics.lol

lynnie 03-07-2014 08:13 AM

Picnic days, food, beachy themes
personally, I want nothing that reminds me of him.
he was very abusive.

I like pic nic, watery-beachy-, summer fruits. but that's only my opinion, this is your swap, not mine.
(I just think ahead a lot) have fun today. i'm off to lunch with mymil and to play mah jonjj

klaws 03-07-2014 08:37 AM

I have a doctor appt. on Monday and go right by the post office so my pc and nc will be mailed then. I'm sending warm and sunny thoughts to all of you up North. No more snow!!!

lawsonmugs 03-07-2014 10:47 AM

just a p.c.

1 Attachment(s)
Last night I worked on a pin cushion for spring or easter. it has bunnies carrots and garden tools for fun that can be replaced with scissors,ripper etc. This was fun to make. I put a few new beaded pins in too. This is just a picture for those who like to see them . Not going out this month.

nhnative 03-07-2014 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I went by the Blue Herons and they were in their nests. Some days they are not there. This is a pic of what's coming on March 15, the turkey vultures of Hinckley. They are so gross. I mailed mine out today and then went shopping. It is 50 and so hot in the car. I heard snow tomorrow or rain depending on the temps

nhnative 03-07-2014 11:10 AM

That is really a spring time pincushion. It is so cute.

brod71 03-07-2014 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6614237)
Last night I worked on a pin cushion for spring or easter. it has bunnies carrots and garden tools for fun that can be replaced with scissors,ripper etc. This was fun to make. I put a few new beaded pins in too. This is just a picture for those who like to see them . Not going out this month.

I love your pincushion! Everyone is so creative. I think I will sign up again and maybe I can be the lucky recipient of this adorable pin cushion. Thanks for sharing. Nothing like no-fat, sugar free eye candy. Love it!

lynnie 03-07-2014 12:56 PM

Mary LOVE IT!!!!! it's adorable. Now that buzzard thing...well, like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
i'm sure his wife and kids think he's the bee's knees.
My other partner should be getting hers today. hope you enjoy it.

lawsonmugs 03-07-2014 03:00 PM

Thank You everyone. Ewwww that buzzard turkey is nasty.But love seeing the pictures.Thanks nh.