Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

lawsonmugs 03-06-2014 07:37 AM

Thanks for your story Susan. Lynnie another very cute pin cushion. I love it too. Glad Brod71 could post pictures too. Love the pins.

lynnie 03-06-2014 10:54 AM

My own pattern, a simple one decorated nicely. (it's hot glued). can't sew him down, he threatened me with bad luck if I stuck a needle in him. so glad you like him and the pins and chocolate.

I learned to swim at the town pool. was there early in the am for swimming lessons, I was at the deep end b4 anyone was there, and my brother threw me in. when you're on a big ship, it doesn't seem like your in the water. maybe b/c ilive on an island it doesn't bother me. after the first 5 minutes and a trip to the buffet, you forget you're on a boat. If you're so inclined to drink, ( I have only one,not a big drinker) Pinacolada and go to a show in a huge theatre, you don't mind it. we get a roomwith a balcony, you feel like you're in a bigger room too.

lynnie 03-06-2014 10:55 AM

Mary, that sugar free chocolate gave me a belly ache last week when I ate a whole big heart. won't ever do that again.
oh, by the way, i'm still collecting chocolate if any of you don't want it.

lauriejo 03-06-2014 12:00 PM

My mom told me I could swim practically before I could walk. My grandparents had a summer cottage on a lake so grandad insisted everyone learn to swim. Also we always had sailboats and no one was allowed on a boat until they could swim out to the floating dock and back without stopping. I sure didn't want to be left behind so I made it out to the dock and back before I turned five. It seemed like a mile, but was probably more like a couple hundred feet.

nhnative 03-06-2014 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 6610169)
I am always surprised at how different wild turkeys are from domestic turkeys. Cute pincushions. I hadn't thought about combining my needlework and pincushions.

I go by this farm in the National Park and they raise turkeys right before Thanksgiving and they are pure white. It's sad when I go by and they are no longer there.

nhnative 03-06-2014 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a cute pincushion. I can't believe it's almost Daylight Savings Time. I had a heatwave today at 32. Tomorrow 46, pretty soon it will be 80 and too humid. I'd rather have the cold.
Klaws I hope your knee is ok. That's what I dread. If I break something I don't know what I'd do.
Lynnie great news on the cruise. Do you know where you are going?

I finally got all my things made and should be mailing them out tomorrow.
Here's a pic of the Blue Herons that come back here every Feb, usually around my birthday

JuneBillie 03-06-2014 01:01 PM

Lynnie that pincushion is the bees knees as I have heard said before. It is so cute, and one to really add to the collector. The only problem I see with it, is you are going to have everyone on here wanting one too. :)

JuneBillie 03-06-2014 01:05 PM

I like seeing the pic of the Blue Heron. We have a place about 20minutes north of us called 'Blue Heron Inn'.

I love the change to daylight savings time. I have a lot of seed I am getting ready to plant. Can't wait. Well, actually will start them in tiny things, then after no threat of frost will replant them outside.

lynnie 03-06-2014 01:14 PM

Daylight Saving Time.... love it ( we're saving daylight, it not a savings account, I've been told and corrected many times). can't wait for more DAYLIGHT. I feel the need for it this year more than ever. I guess we all do after this grim winter. But Lo and behold, spring is around the corner.
I taught my son to swim at 18 months. I didn't want to worry about him over another thing. he was like a little submarine in the pool. he's climb the big ladder of the high board at the pool and collect tips from the older people for jumping off. made a pretty penny doing that. not to mention, he was so tiny and still is. he was about 14 lbs and about 24" at one and a half, (is now 5'-0 and 120lbs now). at 24 y.o.
I LOVE blue herons, thank you so much for sharing that picture. signs of spring.
My other partner should be receiving her pin cushion tomorrow. hope she like it. her's is round. the round ones are too hard on the hands to make.
Oh, finished my may PC too.

nhnative 03-06-2014 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a close up of one from a few years ago